GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,654
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, Artisancne
» Online Users: 1,324
3 members and 1,321 guests
Artisancne, PGD-GRAD

Old 04-15-2010, 03:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal1913 View Post
I would advise to keep it under wraps and get in on your own merit..
Since, the OP asked about it "helping her," Soror's response makes sense.

However, generally speaking, being a legacy and indicating as such on an application does not mean the person is not getting in on her/his own merit.

It also does not mean that the person will EVER get in. There are plenty of legacies who are eternal aspirants even if they have become members of another org.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-15-2010, 04:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I think the OP needs to come back and clarify some things...

Legacy status if NPC? or NPHC? (Not a good idea to keep legacy under wraps if NPC)
Recruitment competitive or noncompetitive?

It's hard to answer helpfully without this info, imo.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Ok as far as the shouting goes thats not why the letters were in all caps yall takin dat a lil to far...da caps were on 4 a reason but it was meant for anybody to thnk i was yelling.

But as far as what organizations i was speaking about are the nphc...im not asking for me i asked for friends who asked me. if im going to do something it will be for me no one else even if i had fam that is greek.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moreknwldge View Post
Ok as far as the shouting goes thats not why the letters were in all caps yall takin dat a lil to far...da caps were on 4 a reason but it was meant for anybody to thnk i was yelling.

But as far as what organizations i was speaking about are the nphc...im not asking for me i asked for friends who asked me. if im going to do something it will be for me no one else even if i had fam that is greek.
For what possible reason would you have posted in all caps if not to scream at us? It is off putting.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 04-27-2010, 11:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Bless your heart.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Where's my red pen??

Old 04-27-2010, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I just find those sentences really humorous, especially right next to each other.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
Bless your heart.
this made me snort. my mississippian gramma says this. and perhaps she left the caps lock on by accident?
Old 05-07-2010, 11:12 PM
GreekChat Member

I am going to ignore the caps "shouting" because i think some people were being a tab nitpicky. But I come from a "greek" family. My mothers side of the family is all TriDeltas, my grandmother on my dads side is an AKA and my dad is an Alpha with various other organizations thrown in there. But I do not think that it gave me and "edge" persay. I knew more what to expect because my parents were active in their organizations after college, but I know some girls who did not even know their mothers were in sororities until they decided to rush. Also I believe ( do not quote me) the process in NPHC is a bit easier if you are a legacy, I have been told that lots of times before I decided on going Gamma Phi.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh lawd...

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 05-08-2010, 11:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
I knew it was an NPHC-related question when I read "dat." And dat is sad.

Quote:
Eternal aspirant
Old 05-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by txGPHIB View Post
I am going to ignore the caps "shouting" because i think some people were being a tab nitpicky. But I come from a "greek" family. My mothers side of the family is all TriDeltas, my grandmother on my dads side is an AKA and my dad is an Alpha with various other organizations thrown in there. But I do not think that it gave me and "edge" persay. I knew more what to expect because my parents were active in their organizations after college, but I know some girls who did not even know their mothers were in sororities until they decided to rush. Also I believe ( do not quote me) the process in NPHC is a bit easier if you are a legacy, I have been told that lots of times before I decided on going Gamma Phi.
Quoting you. Shut up and sit down.