GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Locals
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,648
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, veleypitt5000
» Online Users: 1,780
0 members and 1,780 guests
No Members online

Old 01-03-2008, 12:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Kappa Omicron Tau Sorority

Without divulging too much private information, I ran across a woman who claims to be the Vice President for a sorority called Kappa Omicron Tau. She went to college in New York, but the only reference for a Kappa Omicron Tau sorority I can find is a youth/youth auxiliary organization in the south.

Has anyone ever heard of this organization?

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-03-2008, 12:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
No listing of it from the 1968 copy of Baird's.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlethiaSi
Kappa Omicron Tau Sorority, Inc.

Quote:
The National Sorority of Phi Dleta Kappa, Inc. has always had a major concern for the guidance of youth. At the conclave in Indianapolis, Indiana, 1941, the dea for Junior Teachers Club was discussed, and in 1942, under the leadership of Soror Gertude A. Robinson, the plan for Junior Teachers Guidance Clubs was adopted. College Guidance Groups were also conceived by Soror Gertude A. Robinson.
The Junior Teachers Club and College Guidance Groups may be considered as forerunners for the National Sorority of Phi Delta Kappa, Inc. Kappa Omicron Tau Division. The first group of KOT's was sponsored by the Gamma Beta Chapter of Kansas City, Kansas.
The College Guidance Division, Kappa Omicron Tau experienced a period of growth under the active leadership of Soror Annabelle Scarbrough of the Alpha Lambda Chapter, who also served as the National Chairman of Kappa Omicron Tau under the Supreme President Arthur Mea Norris and Billy J. Mason. Soror Scarbrough initiated standardized procedures for organizing KOT groups, designed a pin, membership card, and certificate of membership.
I'm glad they can spell so well.

Is this what you found preciousjeni?
I'm confused... are they KOT or Phi Delta Kappa? Is this a specific chapter? It's definitely not in NY though.
If you don't mind, can you PM me the name of the school (if you know it) and I'll try to do some research (I'm an alum of a local in NY and know people at different schools and other locals)
Old 01-03-2008, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlethiaSi View Post
Kappa Omicron Tau Sorority, Inc.

I'm glad they can spell so well.

Is this what you found preciousjeni?
I'm confused... are they KOT or Phi Delta Kappa? Is this a specific chapter? It's definitely not in NY though.
If you don't mind, can you PM me the name of the school (if you know it) and I'll try to do some research (I'm an alum of a local in NY and know people at different schools and other locals)
That's what I found. If you look further into the website, it states that KOT is a youth organization created by the members of Phi Delta Kappa.

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:03 PM
GreekChat Member

It looks like a high school sorority that is sponsored by Phi Delta Kappa Sorority for teacher (which is different from the Phi Delta Kappa professional fraternity for teachers).

Which is weird because Phi Delta Kappa has a program called Xinos for girls and Kudos for boys, which is pretty close to a sorority and frat.

ETA: I should have refreshed sooner lol
Old 01-03-2008, 01:10 PM
GreekChat Member

http://www.sororitynpdk.org/programs.html

Okay, their site says KOT is a college guidance group...... ???
Old 01-03-2008, 09:59 PM
GreekChat Member

I checked localsororities.org
No listing for KOT
Old 08-27-2011, 11:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Educated View Post
I can not speak for any other organization and how they operate, but The National Sorority of Phi Delta Kappa, Inc. is a professional sorority solely comprised of accomplished credentialed women in the field of eduction (principals, college presidents, LEAD teachers, etc.) Just as a medical student is in residency and aspiring to become a doctor, they can not operate on a human to do open heart surgery unless they have earn their professional credential and working experience. They are still under "guidance". KOT (and the meaning makes sense members) is a professional collegiate sisterhood of young women in education majors. KOT provides its members more than what they can EVER learn in the classroom, in school and full preparation to enter the educational workforce. I would recommend KOT to young college woman dedicated and committed to the field of education.
That's all?

Why I am here on GC: (My people are destroyed for their lack of knowledge Hosea 4:6NIV)

Old 08-27-2011, 12:07 PM
GreekChat Member

@DrPhil. I hope you are having a great day!

1. Why I am on GC:I was responding to the individuals who was seeking some clarity with their questions on my organization.

2. Hosea 4:6 is a scripture from the Bible. I like it because knowledge is empowering. It can relate to any aspect of life and not just GC

Old 08-27-2011, 12:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
1. Why I am on GC:I was responding to the individuals who was seeking some clarity with their questions on my organization.

2. Hosea 4:6 is a scripture from the Bible. I like it because knowledge is empowering. It can relate to any aspect of life and not just GC
I know what Hosea 4:6 is. Did you register on Greekchat to give us knowledge?
Old 08-27-2011, 01:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey there DrPhi. Thanks for writing back to get better clarification on what I said. I by no means I want to be misunderstood. The quotes in pt 1 & 2 are right, but just in case: there is nothing in between the lines of what I meant. I registered on GC to genuinely answer the questions and provide general knowledge related to my organization as a member. That's all.

I am new to GC, but if I wanted to answer a quick question in the general forum on GC related to college/career/academic advising I may since I advise thousands of college student every day as a campus administrator.

Old 08-27-2011, 02:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
I registered on GC to genuinely answer the questions and provide general knowledge related to my organization as a member. That's all.
That is unfortunate.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:59 PM
GreekChat Member

“That’s all” I mean not to cause drama, not to pick debates or tear people down. I just want to answer questions and provide advice to people if needed.