GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,654
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, Artisancne
» Online Users: 1,649
0 members and 1,649 guests
No Members online

Old 08-05-2012, 07:37 PM
GreekChat Member

University of Louisville Recruitment

Hello, I don't know how many UofL Cardinals are on this site but I thought I would return the favor that this site did for me before I went through recruitment at UofL.

UofL Recruitment will be August 10th - 15th, and we are hoping for quota of around 35 and we currently have 310 women registered. Registration doesn't close until the 9th!

UofL has seven chapters now; Alpha Omicron Pi, Chi Omega, Delta Zeta, Kappa Delta, Pi Beta Phi, Sigma Kappa, and Zeta Tau Alpha. This is Zeta's first formal recruitment on campus and it seems like they will do just fine, they have just as many returning members as the other chapters and will be holding recruitment events in a suite on campus like several other chapters on campus.

August 10th is kickoff, and the 11th starts the first round of parties. On the 12th is philanthropy night (crafts) the PNM's will narrow their choices down to 5 houses, on the 13th is skit night and PNM's will again narrow their choices down to 4 houses. Pref ceremonies will start at 6 on the 14th. Bid's will be given out starting at 3:30 on the 15th.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-05-2012, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

Good luck CardinalXO and thank you for the sweet words about ZTA.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Nice to meet you CardinalXO,
I know a young lady PNM attending Louisville this year, and I have been trying to help her identify alumnae in our town to write recs. She is still short a couple. Are recs absolutely necessary at U of L?
ZTA is one she is short, they have been gone from Kentucky too long. Nice they are returning.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Recommendation letters are absolutely not necessary at UofL, we have a pretty low key recruitment ; ) We do receive them, however, and the chapter president's are always pleasantly surprised when they receive them. I know I only had one and I didn't have any issues!
Old 08-05-2012, 09:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfan View Post
Are recs absolutely necessary at U of L?
To support CardinalXO's response, as an alumna who assists with recruitment at UofL, recs are not necessary for this campus. However, I will say we get enough of them that the chapters know how to effectively utilize them, and having one can absolutely help a PNM. So, it would be worth the effort for a PNM to try to secure them, but it wouldn't be a detriment to a PNM if she did not have one. Good luck to her in recruitment!
Old 08-08-2012, 12:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
It's kinda fun to have a recruitment thread from this side! Best wishes to all groups at Louisville -- hope you have a great week.

Go CHI-O!
Old 08-15-2012, 12:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Heaing from my sources quota was 32 and EVERY CHAPTER matched quota! 239 women placed- most in UofL's history. And that EVERY chapter is above total now. If this is in fact all true, this is a SIGNIFICANT day for UofL Greek life!!!
Old 08-15-2012, 01:59 PM
GreekChat Member

My hometown girl preffed both her favorites last night. She is very happy! What time are bids distributed?
Old 08-15-2012, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Just found out my little friend is a new U of L

Kappa Delta!
Old 08-15-2012, 05:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHeartOneWay View Post
Heaing from my sources quota was 32 and EVERY CHAPTER matched quota! 239 women placed- most in UofL's history. And that EVERY chapter is above total now. If this is in fact all true, this is a SIGNIFICANT day for UofL Greek life!!!
This is great news! Looks like some QAs were in the mix, too.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHeartOneWay View Post
My sources indicate the same, and I know at least one chapter had QAs ! What a wonderful day! I've seen a few pictures from my chapter of initiation's Bid Day as well as other U of L chapters on twitter. So many happy smiling faces, and if I may, emphasis on the MANY!
Old 08-15-2012, 08:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfan View Post
Just found out my little friend is a new U of L

Kappa Delta!

YEA!! Congrats to your friend on receiving a bid from KD!
Old 09-27-2012, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

So I just wanted to let everyone know how recruitment went. It was fantastic, we had the most women ever to register and far and away the most women to sign a preference card (246). The retention rate was great with almost 300 women present on Kickoff that makes our retention rate 82% which is phenomenal. All of this paid off with all chapters on campus reaching total for the first time ever! Last week we raised total from 94-104 and we are very excited about the growth of our Greek Life and continuing this growth.

I think the big factors in this recruitment's success have to do with us starting to come out of the recession (sort of) and the hard work of the Recruitment Staff and all seven chapters. A lot more work was put into advertising for recruitment than in previous years. We also spent a lot more time choosing and training our Gamma Chi's this year. Please message me if you have any questions about our marketing strategies! We are one very happy campus.