GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,610
Threads: 115,518
Welcome to our newest member, banntjnry576

Old 10-02-2012, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
Boys, booze, bible, and bank account.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
Just go with "ballots."
We also included business (chapter business). It covered everything from "how do you pick your members?" to "Why are there more girls in the other chapters?"
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-02-2012, 08:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Well, last night was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

I contacted the office of Greek life earlier in the afternoon to inquire if my marital status would be an issue. They contacted the chapter and let me know it was not an issue

So last night I ran into the arms of my sisters and had an amazing evening.

I hope you don't mind that I'm not planning on revealing my affiliation- internet privacy hyper-vigilance... it's pretty easy to figure out my school based on dates, and there aren't too many married new members running around

Thank you all for your encouragement, advice, and well wishes! I'm very excited to be part of the panhellenic community, and I am very excited to really get involved in not only the service, but in the sisterhood!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations! I'm so happy it worked out for you. I hope you enjoy your experience.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:57 AM

Congratulations!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiousSenior View Post

I contacted the office of Greek life earlier in the afternoon to inquire if my marital status would be an issue. They contacted the chapter and let me know it was not an issue

I hope you don't mind that I'm not planning on revealing my affiliation- internet privacy hyper-vigilance... it's pretty easy to figure out my school based on dates, and there aren't too many married new members running around

Thank you all for your encouragement, advice, and well wishes! I'm very excited to be part of the panhellenic community, and I am very excited to really get involved in not only the service, but in the sisterhood!
Congrats!

I hope that you don't mind that your thread turned into a discussion of what not to discuss.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by naraht View Post
Congrats!

I hope that you don't mind that your thread turned into a discussion of what not to discuss.
Not at all- it's a forum. Lane swerving and derailing the thought train are par for the course!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations! (and appreciate that you get the lane swerve/derailing stuff, too! It's GC, after all!!!)
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 10-02-2012, 09:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzTheta View Post
Congratulations! (and appreciate that you get the lane swerve/derailing stuff, too! It's GC, after all!!!)
More like the internet in general. Another forum I am part of has some of the most bizarre derails ever- this is actually at least related to the topic at hand, LOL!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations! Hope you'll stick around and join us on GC.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:

Perhaps you can come back with a new username and join us. It would only be obvious to a very small number of readers, and more importantly, nobody would be able to make the connection via search.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Not at all- it's a forum. Lane swerving and derailing the thought train are par for the course!
Finally SOMEONE gets this!

Quote:

Congratulations to you!
Old 10-02-2012, 01:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
Perhaps you can come back with a new username and join us. It would only be obvious to a very small number of readers, and more importantly, nobody would be able to make the connection via search.
co-sign