GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,611
Threads: 115,518
Welcome to our newest member, zlogantpz7495
» Online Users: 1,214
1 members and 1,213 guests
MethrenLusia

Old 03-17-2013, 04:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
Yes! This! As a PNM who had to visit 20 chapters, the skits and shirts were ways to keep the chapters straight in my mind.
I still remember some of the more memorable ones after nearly 5 years--you can't keep them straight without it! Between that and remembering the house 'with the green shag carpet' or the house that 'smelled like pie', it keeps things straight in your head. Girls with the blue shirts go with the house with the airline skit and the white pillars
Old 03-17-2013, 04:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I agree. And if the expense of matching clothes (especially if it's only t-shirts) is the extent of frills, I'd be all in. Time is the thing, and matching clothing costs no time. But how do they fix the TIME problem?
Old 03-17-2013, 04:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
But how do they fix the TIME problem?
By giving all the actives time turners, obviously
Old 03-17-2013, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Well yes, there's that.

I think the only resolution is adding days to the process. And I'd suck it up and move rush to the fall. Illinois and Iowa have gone to a system where the first (and worst) part of rush happens before school starts and the end of rush happens the next weekend. While that sounded really bad to me, they seem to have found great success from that system so I've been forced to (perish the thought) change my opinion. It can happen!
Old 03-18-2013, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
Well yes, there's that.

I think the only resolution is adding days to the process. And I'd suck it up and move rush to the fall. Illinois and Iowa have gone to a system where the first (and worst) part of rush happens before school starts and the end of rush happens the next weekend. While that sounded really bad to me, they seem to have found great success from that system so I've been forced to (perish the thought) change my opinion. It can happen!
Illinois has stopped doing that. Recruitment used to be before school started. Now it is right after school starts - split over 2 weekends.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
Part of the problem is that, at a school with a TON of chapters, some level of frill is needed just to keep them apart. I think skits are dumb, personally, but door chants and matching t-shirts don't take away from time getting to know the PNM's, and IMO, are really helpful on the PNM side to think back to "oh, the chapter with the purple shirts".
I completely agree. I'm saying that even trying to initiate "no frills" was a stupid idea to begin with - as with many things, it attacked a symptom instead of a real problem.