GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,665
Threads: 115,520
Welcome to our newest member, aanneaeswifta59
» Online Users: 1,426
2 members and 1,424 guests
KDKells, Zach

Old 11-28-2002, 05:34 PM
GreekChat Member

On my campus back in the day there was a lot of dirty rushing. I am the rush advisor for my chapter now and to be honest we join them with the dirty rushing but we do it the correct way. if we didn't we would be left in the dust. Dirty rushing doesn't bother me at all it just makes the competition stiffer and remember girls....if you say "I" and not "We" it is not dirty rushing.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-28-2002, 05:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
On my campus in a small Greek System, I have noticed that all the groups accuse each other of Dirty Rushing. Especially when another group gets a better pledge class or a lot of suicides.

I wonder how much the accusation of dirty rushing is covering up a lack of popularity by comparison?

And how much is dirty rushing REALLY going to affect numbers? It would have to be extraordinary to have a real impact.
Old 11-28-2002, 07:44 PM
GreekChat Member

I am on a campus with two sororities.

This year, the sorority I am not in told rushees that if they even considered our sorority, they would not get a bid from their house.

I think that is awful. I would never FORCE someone to pick my sorority, especially if they hadn't had the opportunity to learn what each one was about, and find which one was right for them.

The awful thing is that a large group of girls deactivated from their sorority last year, and I am afraid that the girls they coerced into joing this fall will do the same thing, and be negative about the Greek system in general, because they had a bad experience. And since they will already be a member of that group, it's not like they'll get a second chance.

It is especially bad because they initiate their rushes after about a week. So they really have no time to think about what they are getting into.

I mean, doesn't this sound really wrong to anyone else? And I'm saying this as a person, not as a member of another sorority.