GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,662
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, Matthew1
» Online Users: 1,740
3 members and 1,737 guests
Matthew1

Old 09-24-2000, 08:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Should I pursue a relationship?

I have a friend that I like as more than a friend. We've known each other since we were little we go to the same church, and are real close with his family. The thing is he is in the Navy and he's stationed in Seattle and is going to Puerto Rico in March. Suprisingly though, we have kissed. But he says he sees me as this sweet innocent girl, and that its something that he has to get over. He sends me mixed messages and although he does, I know that he's not ready for a relationship because he has been hurt badly by other females in the past. He actually said that he didn't think he had a heart and he wanted me to help him find it, and that the situation with me was different because we were friends. But the physical attraction between us is strong. I have no idea why I really like him like I do. I just do. I'm not waiting on him to feel the same way because we are 3000 miles away. I still talk to and date other people, so my question is should we just remain friends or should we get reacquainted and then try for a relationship later on down the road?

------------------
All of our dreams can come true- if we have the courage to pursue them.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-24-2000, 11:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

For right now, you should stay friends. If there is a time that he will be in one place for a good while, you COULD possibly go a little further than friendship but not too far. Don't go too much into the sexual aspect (including too much kissing). What I mean is that you should communicate your feelings to him. If he is a true friend, he will understand. You should also find within yourself the UNDERSTANDING just in case he doesn't want to go that far. This understanding within yourself should come FIRST. Because everything may not go the way that you want them to. If he's not ready, continue to be his friend and wait.....good things come to those who wait, and guess what........that good thing may not even be him!!!!

------------------
Set your goal!! Strive!! Bask in your reward!!

Positive Kay
Old 11-07-2000, 03:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

At my age I try not to over analyze relationships too much. I have made a few mistakes but who hasnt. Its how I learn. You have to be the judge of how you feel. If I feel the guy is right and my heart is in it, then I its ok for me to be more intimate. That does not mean sex..which to me comes after relationship and love.

------------------
"It's a long long road, it's a big big world, we are wise wise women, we are giggling girls." ~Ani DiFranco~