GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,596
Threads: 115,516
Welcome to our newest member, hannahyanexto75
» Online Users: 1,305
2 members and 1,303 guests
No Members online

Old 01-08-2013, 10:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I am really, really sorry to hear that. We were all hoping for you. Keep your head up and get involved at school in other ways.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-08-2013, 11:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm glad you had an informative experience. I'm so sorry it didn't end up the way you hoped. Good luck with school. I hope you find some ways to become involved on campus. You go to an amazing school.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 01-09-2013, 01:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Aw, I am so sorry to hear this. I am not 100 percent sure which school you're at, but if you're where I think you are, not having recs is probably what got you. The school I think you're at is one that Greek Chat identifies as one where recs are mandatory. Also, when someone experiences deep cuts early on, missing recs is often the culprit and nothing personal against the PNM, though I know it may feel that way right now.

If you decide to go through recruitment at another time, get two recs for every chapter. Keep your grades up and find some ways to get involved on campus. All the best to you!
Old 01-09-2013, 09:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Fishspeakers, I hope you will keep in touch with the women you know in the various chapters as well as keeping you grades top notch. If you decide to go through recruitment again, both of these could make a big difference. Also, make sure you volunteer on campus with some other organizations, and seek leadership positions there. Even if you never go through recruitment again, these things will help you in the future.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:06 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm so sorry, fs, but proud of your great attitude.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you guys! I would say that in my 18 years of living, you guys have been the absolute most supportive people I've met on the internet, and that says a lot.

I'm glad to go to a school that offers so many opportunities both in the Greek system and outside as well. I want to focus at what I have in hand right now. I will also be talking more with my Gamma Chi soon about what I want to do in the future in regards to Greek life.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

*wishes there was a LIKE button*
Old 01-09-2013, 08:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Random question:

I was unable to take my exams last year for three of my classes and had "incomplete" status in them. I did get my grade back for one of my classes, and it was pretty good. I know no one can be sure, but do you think it's likely this could've played a role in recruitment?
Old 01-09-2013, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Remind us what year you are FS? If incompletes count against your cume GPA, then it's very possible.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishspeakers View Post
Random question:

I was unable to take my exams last year for three of my classes and had "incomplete" status in them. I did get my grade back for one of my classes, and it was pretty good. I know no one can be sure, but do you think it's likely this could've played a role in recruitment?
Probably so.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I would say it is very possible. Since you did not receive credit for those three I's, your overall "earned hours" would have been reduced as well...many schools with deferred recruitment do require a minimum of 12 hours be earned in order to be eligible to pledge.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm really sorry that you didn't get the outcome you hoped for. You have a great attitude and seem like a wonderful person. Best of luck to you.

We live for each other.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for all of the responses! I love the community, and I would love to stay, but school is starting to pick up, and I think I need to focus on something else now. However, I want to emphasize this has been absolutely the most friendly reception I've gotten at any internet community. I guess it's now pledge week, and I'm a little bummed out, but I know there's still so much other stuff I need to do at school. (Like study) I'm going to take a break and try to wait until the end of the semester to think about what I want to continue in relation to Greek life. Bye!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator

Good luck with school this semester! Please do come back and visit with us when you can.