GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Fundraising
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,611
Threads: 115,518
Welcome to our newest member, zlogantpz7495
» Online Users: 1,204
1 members and 1,203 guests
zlogantpz7495

Old 04-28-2009, 12:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool I Have a Great Fundraising Idea, and Need Opinions..

Me and My Classmates live in the Southern part of the United States and We homeschool through our church. and Next year is our senior year for quite a few of us and they voted and decided we could do whatever we wanted for senior trips as long as we earned the money and they found a missionary trip to hawaii that needs quite a bit of money per student. and we'd still like to do stuff throughout the year also.

So heres my Idea:
Have a Fundraiser cookout.
Grill hot dogs hamburgers and all n sell drinks n desert snacks and
do the krispy kreme donut fundraiser and accept donations and do a car wash and just a whole lot of fundraiser stuff at once instead of doing it all seperate and maybe announcing it on the local radio station or something...

any better ideas or better version of that idea???
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-21-2009, 02:48 PM
GreekChat Member

ull make money, not even closeee enuf tho, think bigger... CLAM BAKE lobsters cost money and u can charge good prices if u can convince a fishermen to give u cheaper than market price... that how we role up north
Old 08-21-2009, 02:50 PM

Translation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmpike View Post
ull make money, not even closeee enuf tho, think bigger... CLAM BAKE lobsters cost money and u can charge good prices if u can convince a fishermen to give u cheaper than market price... that how we role up north
You'll make money. Not even close to enough, though. Think bigger...CLAM BAKE. Lobsters cost money [who knew?] and you can charge good prices if you can convince a fisherman to give you cheaper than market price. That's how we roll up north.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Is this Mike the Pike?
Old 08-21-2009, 03:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
ull make money, not even closeee enuf tho, think bigger... CLAM BAKE
Maybe you missed the part where she said she was in the South, where clam bakes are unheard of.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabdabz View Post
Me and My Classmates live in the Southern part of the United States and We homeschool through our church. and Next year is our senior year for quite a few of us and they voted and decided we could do whatever we wanted for senior trips as long as we earned the money and they found a missionary trip to hawaii that needs quite a bit of money per student. and we'd still like to do stuff throughout the year also.

So heres my Idea:
do the krispy kreme donut fundraiser and accept donations and do a car wash and just a whole lot of fundraiser stuff at once instead of doing it all seperate and maybe announcing it on the local radio station or something...

The writing skills... they are not so much taught in the home school?
Old 08-21-2009, 03:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAblondeGPhi View Post
The writing skills... they are not so much taught in the home school?
They're not taught (to my liking) in public schools; I guess home schooling isn't much different.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

[Sorry for the double post.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by missthing View Post
Is this Mike the Pike?
Hmm... let's see... joined in August, only two posts, and yet you know who Mike the Pike is. Whose sockpuppet are you?
Old 08-21-2009, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

WTF is Mike the PIke?
Old 08-21-2009, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabdabz View Post

So heres my Idea:

OK... now on to being helpful. A BBQ is a cute idea, one that could definitely bring in a lot of people, but likely only the folks who are already associated with your church, family, friends, etc. Doing a ton of things together is a good idea, but will require extra work to coordinate. It's certainly not unheard of to do something like this, it just will require a lot of work and a clear vision of who your target audience is, and what you are providing them in return for their money.

The key to a successful fundraiser (in my opinion) is getting folks there, particularly people who are NOT your parents and immediate relatives (since they will likely spend a ton of money on your trip anyway). You can ask local stores to have stacks of flyers at their checkout counters or at their announcement boards, advertise on Craig's List, have local HOAs send email blasts to their contact lists, etc. If the local radio stations want to advertise for you, that's great, but it really depends on your area, who you know and putting in the legwork. Some TV stations will have a community calendar section where they may give free advertising to local events, but you'd have to submit that several weeks in advance.

On those notes, I love the idea of a big garage sale/flea market. Ask for donations from friends and family of all the things they no longer use and might donate to Goodwill anyway. Advertise on Craig's List that you are having a huge sale, then sell your hot dogs and sodas while you have a captive(ish) audience. You'll get all kinds of folks who are the garage sale and flea market-types looking for a good deal, but who might otherwise have no connection to your group.

Good luck.

Last edited by LAblondeGPhi; 08-21-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAblondeGPhi View Post
OK... now on to being helpful.
The OP posted only once, and that was in April, so I doubt he or she will see your suggestions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post
WTF is Mike the PIke?
Mike the Pike..

Last edited by MysticCat; 08-21-2009 at 04:16 PM. Reason: To add response to Vito
Old 08-21-2009, 04:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
The OP posted only once, and that was in April, so I doubt he or she will see your suggestions.
Mrah. Touche'
Old 08-21-2009, 05:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
AHH! One of my favorite stories from my favorite thread!
Old 08-21-2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Mike the Pike..
I don't think it's the same guy - she didn't mention "has the spelling skills of a senile hippo" in her description of him.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:05 AM
GreekChat Member

I Have a Great Fundraising Idea, and Need Opinions..

Hi, very nice post.
You have given excellent ideas.