GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,633
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, ajaksonttsoz851
» Online Users: 2,472
4 members and 2,468 guests
MethrenLusia, Titchou

Old 08-12-2009, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to KDAngel Send a message via AIM to KDAngel
Fav Online Greek Store

OK, so for clothing and bags mine has become www.greekclothing.com mainly b/c they'll beat everyone else's prices by 10% and they always have fantastic sales (like right now everything is 45%-65% off). And I've used them for the past 4 years and they've yet to let me down.

But what other ones are out there that you like? I obviously can find LOTS online, but some are not so legit, so I'd rather have someone vouch for them before trying. Just looking for fun sorority items for my family tree that's still in college.
Alpha Rho Chapter at the University of Maryland, PR Adviser: www.umdkappadelta.org
*COUNTRY FIRST* Conservative. Republican. Proud.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-12-2009, 10:11 PM
GreekChat Member

I really love www.greekave.com

If you sign up for the newsletter there's always a promotion going on! Plus I love my sequined hoodie! It's the envy of all the girl's in my house
Old 08-12-2009, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I just checked it out. Great prices. I'm also in shock because they are the first site I have seen that has my letters as a demonstration.

ETA: Greekclothing.com is a redirect to greekave.com
Old 08-12-2009, 10:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Oops! I didn't even realize that! How funny though!
Old 08-12-2009, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Greekclothing/greekave..... you know, and this is no exaggeration, they have the best prices and the best turnaround. I got a crapload of gifts for some APO neos last spring and everything arrived on time and good quality.

I mainly will stick with them if I just need letters and no shields/crests or other more complicated stuff.

I like the combo packages at http://greeknation.com/

http://www.joetoga.com/ and http://www.collegecrib.com/ are my favorites for just plain GIFTS (not clothing)

http://www.greekgear.com/ has great specials sometimes too. I like them for screen printed shirts

Finally, http://www.thegreekshop.com/mtolympus.html for crossing jackets and the like.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:00 AM
GreekChat Member

I am subscribed to Greek Gear and Greek Clothing.

GG is a lot more expensive but they have a lot of stuff to choose from. I go to them if I need something non-clothing related. They also ship your stuff fairly quickly.

I go to GC when I need hoodies, jackets, and shirts. It's nice because their prices are low, I ALWAYS have discount codes (and they're always having sales!), and they have a lot of package deals. I recall one time seeing a lettered hoodie, hat, and tote for just $50something.

Our chapter President accidentally bought his Little a set of sequined letters from GC. He also bought them in the wrong family colors haha. So now we use it as the Brother of the Week award. We sign and date it when we recieve it and, of course, have to wear it :P

But I know of a ton of websites... When Oprah adopts me someday, I'll buy something from every website and see what I like and don't like.

Oh, and SigEpic is working on good stuff but I don't think that will help too much of anyone except me... :P
Old 08-13-2009, 01:55 AM
GreekChat Member

I know Campus Classics has some pretty good stuff. However they cater to the larger orgs.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Greekclothing.com has some really cute stuff, but when I have ordered, they have been extremely slow with getting my order completed. I ordered some Sigma stuff last fall, and I also ordered some shirts for my birthday party last year. Everything was really good quality, though!

Old 08-13-2009, 08:14 AM
GreekChat Member

j.l, do you think it had anything to do with the time of year in which it was ordered? I was reallllly anxious when I ordered four messenger bags, but they came on time. (It was early/mid march)

I would have loved to have bought some sale stuff from them this summer, but I had already gotten everything I needed for the year.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
j.l, do you think it had anything to do with the time of year in which it was ordered? I was reallllly anxious when I ordered four messenger bags, but they came on time. (It was early/mid march)

I would have loved to have bought some sale stuff from them this summer, but I had already gotten everything I needed for the year.
I did order my Sigma things during early fall of last year, and ordered my shirts during the middle of January, so that makes sense that I happened to order right during the two most hectic times of the year. I guess that should have crossed my mind. The merchandise was, however, definitely worth the wait.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:37 AM
GreekChat Member

for a chapter of our size 2HypeDesigns.com works really well for us. the guy mostly does odphi apparel, but he also does other latino greek/multicultural greek apparel as well. i love what ive gotten from them!
Old 08-13-2009, 11:54 AM
GreekChat Member

The only time I've had an order come late from greekave is when I ordered something for Christmas.... although that's the busiest time for every company.

Great quality, and other than that one time all their stuff has shipped very quickly.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
Is there an option to have words put on the back online @ Greek Clothing? I can not locate it, and it's a necessity.

My FAVORITE stores are SomethingGreek.com and GreekNation.com GN offers tons of neat things and different fonts for clothes instead of the standard greek letters and they offer the bubble letter plate I want for my new Camry! SG has always done great jersey work for our chapter and I always order them there, even though they ship them in a box with no plastic covering to protect them from rain or the box itself. (When I ordered shirts however, they did come in a bag strangely enough). They have an amazing selection to choose from.

Has anyone ever used stitchzone.com? I want a full zip hoodie with the letters on the opposite side of the zipper and they are one of the few that offer it, plus they have a LOT of customization options.

ETA: NM, you have to call it in. Pain in the youknowwhat.

Last edited by BabyPiNK_FL; 09-28-2009 at 12:27 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Angelicqt716 Send a message via Yahoo to Angelicqt716
I've used greek gear and Exclusive Touch (extouch.com). I like both companies very well. I've heard a lot of good things about stuff 4 greeks, so I think I'll get my pull over from there.
#1 Blu Diamond
SP 08

ZΦB
Old 09-27-2009, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Greekave.com/greekclothing.com are HORRIBLE!! I ordered about $210 worth of merchandise from them on April 20, 2009 and have STILL, on September 27, 2009, not received my order except for one hoodie. That's it ONE HOODIE!! Are you kidding me? I have sent them around 30-35 e-mails during these 5 months and they are almost never responded to, and when they are the do nothing to solve the problem. It looks like I am never going to get a refund or my merchandise and it sucks! I don't even want to order letters now from anywhere else in hopes that eventually I'll get the letters from Greekave, if not its just money down the drain which sucks. I even filed a complaint with the BBB but greekave never responded to it. Yes they have the best prices, but it doesnt help if you pay good prices but never get the merchandise. How hard is it for them to just send me my order? It is their JOB! They say orders may take up to 3 weeks...and I've seen stories of people who didn't get their order for a few months. I would be pissed if it took a few months to get my order, but seeing as its been over 5 months and I still haven't gotten my stuff, I'd be happy to get my stuff in 2-3 months haha. Well I don't know what else to do, but think twice before ordering from greekave/greekclothing their good prices dont make up for their horrible customer service and not sending peoples orders out.