GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,689
Threads: 115,521
Welcome to our newest member, juliashulez2596
» Online Users: 1,084
0 members and 1,084 guests
No Members online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2011, 04:19 PM
GreekChat Member

3rd Time's a Charm Recruitment Story

Okay so I've been wanting to share my recruitment story for a while now, but I was waiting for a happy ending and I finally got one! The title is correct, I went through rush 3 times (well sort of) in one year (crazy I know). If you figure out what school I go to, I ask that you please not say for the sake of keeping the integrity of the whole experience...thanks!

So a little bit of background info: In fall of my sophomore year I signed up to rush. I went through the process and absolutely fell in love with a particular house. I was crushed when preference day came and I found out they had dropped me, but I was even more disappointed when I saw that only one house out of a possible two had preffed me. I tried very hard to keep an open mind about the house I had left. I attended there pref. ceremony, but even after a moving ceremony I just could not see myself there. It was nothing personal to the girls they were all great, but I just felt in my heart that it wasn't the right fit for me so I dropped out of recruitment that night.

I left Fall recruitment feeling pretty down, but I managed to convince myself that winter recruitment was just around the corner, and that hopefully I could find my perfect match then. When winter (COB) recruitment came around I was very excited to attend the events. However, after attending just one chapter's dinner event I realized that winter recruitment was a little too laid back and unstructured for me. Also, many of the events of the different houses overlapped, so I didn't understand how that would work. I decided to not go to anymore of the events and just wait around until Spring Recruitment came.

Finally, fast forward to the present spring recruitment was here! I was super excited to go through it and I decided to go into Spring Recruitment with a completely open mind. I decided that no matter what I would finish the process, and give whatever house I was left with at the end a chance. For me it was now or never. You guys can probably imagine my utter dismay when I found out that Spring recruitment was starting on a Sunday, a Sunday that I would happen to be out of town. I could not believe it! I started thinking that maybe this just wasn't meant for me and that I should probably just give up. However, I decided to attend orientation and ask there if it would still be possible for me to go through rush if I missed a day. I was so excited to find out that it was still indeed possible! They just informed me that it was up to the discretion of each house to decide whether they wanted to give me a chance for Round 2. I was totally fine with that because at least it gave me a little hope.

So this is where my Spring Recruitment Story begins. There were 8 sororities participating in Spring Recruitment at my school. I will name them each using characters from Toy Story 3 (obsessed with this movie right now!). So the 8 are:

Woody
Buzz
Jessie
Rex
Lotso
Ken
Big Baby
Barbie

Sorry about the long first post...I just needed to include the background info. Will be posting each round of recruitment soon!

Last edited by sunnyday07; 04-07-2011 at 07:20 PM.