GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,645
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, Pinkiepolice
» Online Users: 1,607
0 members and 1,607 guests
No Members online

Old 10-11-2011, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Transfer Rush!

During orientation I talked to a few sorority girls and decided I would give it a shot. I'm a transfer student and I knew I would be older than most of the girls rushing, but I didn't care I knew this was a great opportunity.
I went to two pre-recruitment events so that I would make the most informed decision possible!
There are four chapters on my campus:
Cherry
Vanilla
Chocolate
Strawberry

Going into formal recruitment I liked Vanilla, Chocolate, and Strawberry the most.
Day 1:
Open house
Strawberry was first on my schedule. I met a couple of really nice ladies. They were informative, but the one I spent the most time with seemed a little nervous and the conversation didn't flow very easily.
Cherry was next up. I had a really great conversation with three women in this chapter. I had already spoken to one of the girls at a pre-recruitment event and I felt really comfortable. The woman in charge of academics was a bit humorless, but overall I really liked them.
Vanilla was up next. They were really polished and had a great set up. The girl I was paired up with was nice, but I have been fighting a cold and in mid conversation I had a bit of a cough fit. She physically stepped away from me and I could tell perhaps she was a germ-phobe. I felt her disposition literally change after that moment. I left feeling a little uncertain about them.
Chocolate was up next. I spoke to one girl at this open house. We connected easily and we chatted about all kinds of things. It felt really comfortable, and she really made me feel like I was a friend instead of a pnm. She told me that she thought I was really confident.
I ranked the top three (no order) as
Cherry
Vanilla
Chocolate

bottom
Strawberry

Day 2 Philanthropy Day
I got my schedule right away it was
Strawberry
Cherry
Chocolate
I was pleased to have a full schedule, since the girls sitting next to me only had one each. I wasn't surprised that Vanilla was gone and I didn't feel upset.

The woman at Strawberry was really sweet and we chatted about crafting for a while. I didn't feel a strong connection to the philanthropy, but the ladies were very nice.
I entered Cherry's room and was immediately greeted warmly and told, "I've heard great things about you from my sisters." It was really nice and I felt very welcomed. I chatted effortlessly with all the women who approached me and their philanthropy video almost made me cry.
I went to Chocolate next and I was greeted warmly. The woman who I spoke to the day before came over and said how happy she was to see me again. I felt really welcomed and I really connected with their philanthropy. I didn't want to leave at the end of their party.
I ranked my top:
Chocolate
Cherry
Bottom
Strawberry
I felt really torn between Chocolate and Cherry, but I could feel a front-runner emerging for me.

Day 3 Preference and Bid day
Pref. in the morning and about five hours later our bid day begins.
I received my schedule and was excited to see
Cherry
Chocolate
The pref. party at Cherry was beautiful. I was paired with a girl I had spoken to the day before. She was thrilled to see me and said that she could really see me in their chapter and she hoped I would be her sister. It added a little pressure, but also made me feel really happy that she thought I would fit in well.
Chocolate's pref party was also beautiful. I was paired with a girl who is really good friend's with the girl I had spoken to the previous day. She said that her sister told her that she could see me in a leadership position. I was moved by their ceremony, and had to fight back the tears.

I knew in my heart who I wanted most, it was.....
Chocolate. I felt really guilty about not choosing Cherry, but I couldn't choose both lol.

Top choice
Chocolate
2nd
Cherry
I waiting impatiently for hours and finally I received my bid, I opened the envelope and.....

It said CHOCOLATE

AKA

KAPPA DELTA!!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-11-2011, 05:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay!

I had a feeling! Welcome to Kappa Delta! If you would like, pm me with your college.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations and welcome to KD!

Old 10-11-2011, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you! I'm so excited to be a KD!
Old 10-11-2011, 09:11 PM
Super Moderator

congratulations on joining Kappa Delta(and thank you for not dragging your story out!)
Old 12-17-2011, 03:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats on KD! Accepting my bid is by far the best decision I've ever made!
Old 01-22-2012, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

congrats on KD!
Old 01-22-2012, 06:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulation!
Old 01-23-2012, 10:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Congrats and welcome!
Old 01-26-2012, 10:57 PM
GreekChat Member

^^ interesting response...

anyway, YAY KD! AOT!

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 01-26-2012, 11:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay! Happy Ending!! AOT!