GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,698
Threads: 115,521
Welcome to our newest member, PriscillaT
» Online Users: 880
0 members and 880 guests
No Members online

Old 11-28-2011, 09:19 PM
GreekChat Member

We Initiate New Experiences W.I.N.E.

Hi, my name is Kiafia. I pledged Wine Psi Phi at Boston College, spring of "75". For you haters out there, judge not and ye shall not be judged. No one out there has a monopoly on good deeds or good deeds doings. Let us do our thing and you do yours and maybe we can all do some good for the community.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIAFIA View Post
Hi, my name is Kiafia. I pledged Wine Psi Phi at Boston College, spring of "75". For you haters out there, judge not and ye shall not be judged. No one out there has a monopoly on good deeds or good deeds doings. Let us do our thing and you do yours and maybe we can all do some good for the community.
Why would you start a thread telling people to not judge you and your non-NPHC wannabe organization?
Old 11-28-2011, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
Why would you start a thread telling people to not judge you and your non-NPHC wannabe organization?

Old 11-28-2011, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
Please correct me if I am wrong. Isn't it a wannabe NPHC organization? I always thought that and a few others (that I won't mention) were like that. You know, kind of like the "Doves" or whoever those Phi Beta Sigma groupies were that were coming on here and saying, "I'm not a Zeta Phi Beta but, I LOVE Phi Beta Sigma...blah-blah-blah." If I am wrong, please correct me. I have to say; however, that it was a bit weird for the first post to be about telling the rest of us not to be haters. What an odd thing to say.

And agzg, I also pledged "WINE" this holiday.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:23 PM
GreekChat Member

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...d.php?t=119507

Old 11-28-2011, 11:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Every member of this group comes on here and in their first post refers to all of us as "haters"... and then they wonder why we end up hating them.

@~/~~~~
Old 11-29-2011, 12:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
Every member of this group comes on here and in their first post refers to all of us as "haters"... and then they wonder why we end up hating them.
I have no problem talking about tiers and reputations when it comes to my Vintagority, Chateau Lafite. Everyone else is intimidated by our complexity and the size of our climate controlled cellar. If your founders didn't come from France that's really unfortunate and we don't accept transfers who try to affiliate by riding the Night Train Express. Franzia is so lower tier, and Arbor Mist isn't much better.

There are plenty of other groups out there for those who don't meet our rigorous standards for membership. Epsilon Gallo is so bottom tier since they are at campii like Carlo Rossi, Andre Sparkling Wine, and that farmer hick chapter Boone's Farm. Even more absurd, their Bartles & Jaymes chapter isn't even recognized; wine coolers are full of malt liquor, which is not made from grapes. Many find Phi Malt Liquor an affordable alternative with a lot of variety. Mickey's, St. Ides, Colt 45, Olde English, King Cobra, and Steel Reserve are some of the more well known chapters, it is common knowledge that to be initiated one has to down the 80 ounces and complete the challenge known as "Edward Forty Hands" their spiritual founder.

I don't have the time to get into that new group where people keep getting arrested or hospitalized, Four Loko, but they will probably be shut down like Zima was. Oh and at my vineyard we don't call people haters, we call them vinegars. They are bitter and full of acid because they couldn't get into Malt, Wine, Beer, or even Kombucha.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandalSquirrel View Post
I have no problem talking about tiers and reputations when it comes to my Vintagority, Chateau Lafite. Everyone else is intimidated by our complexity and the size of our climate controlled cellar. If your founders didn't come from France that's really unfortunate and we don't accept transfers who try to affiliate by riding the Night Train Express. Franzia is so lower tier, and Arbor Mist isn't much better.

There are plenty of other groups out there for those who don't meet our rigorous standards for membership. Epsilon Gallo is so bottom tier since they are at campii like Carlo Rossi, Andre Sparkling Wine, and that farmer hick chapter Boone's Farm. Even more absurd, their Bartles & Jaymes chapter isn't even recognized; wine coolers are full of malt liquor, which is not made from grapes. Many find Phi Malt Liquor an affordable alternative with a lot of variety. Mickey's, St. Ides, Colt 45, Olde English, King Cobra, and Steel Reserve are some of the more well known chapters, it is common knowledge that to be initiated one has to down the 80 ounces and complete the challenge known as "Edward Forty Hands" their spiritual founder.

I don't have the time to get into that new group where people keep getting arrested or hospitalized, Four Loko, but they will probably be shut down like Zima was. Oh and at my vineyard we don't call people haters, we call them vinegars. They are bitter and full of acid because they couldn't get into Malt, Wine, Beer, or even Kombucha.
iDied.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRose1912 View Post
iDied.
Ditto.

@~/~~~~
Old 12-20-2011, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by VandalSquirrel View Post

Epsilon Gallo is so bottom tier since they are at campii like Carlo Rossi, Andre Sparkling Wine, and that farmer hick chapter Boone's Farm.
I prefer Andre Sparkling Wine to most others, so I guess that makes me a groupie.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
Thanks for the link. Now, I definitely stand by what I said earlier because every member that has been on this board (as our girl AST has pointed out) always comes on here claiming that everyone is a hater--for no reason. I would normally keep my "hating" to myself but, this just annoyed me. I have to say that VS had me in tears laughing, too. Thank you for that VandalSquirrel.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
Thanks for the link. Now, I definitely stand by what I said earlier because every member that has been on this board (as our girl AST has pointed out) always comes on here claiming that everyone is a hater--for no reason. I would normally keep my "hating" to myself but, this just annoyed me. I have to say that VS had me in tears laughing, too. Thank you for that VandalSquirrel.
That's fine, but that still doesn't necessarily make the group a wannabe NPHC group.

Old 11-29-2011, 12:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Also, does anyone else already have a phrase associated with the acronym IDGAF? I'd be as likely to make that an important part of my fraternity as WTF or SOL. Maybe it's more uncommon than I think. The "IDGAF Nation" on their website kills me.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:42 AM
Super Moderator

Hee hee
Old 11-29-2011, 01:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRose1912 View Post
iDied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
Ditto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPoodle View Post
Hee hee
Y'all are just full of rejectment because the men of Chi Ognac chose to honor me as the Oak Barrel Beauty this year and I decide who will and won't be passed any Courvoisier or have access to the bottle of Hennessy on the shelf.

So my chapter decided to be nicer to the fat Vintagorities and no longer call them "fat" but "full bodied" if they have cute faces but need to be a little less complex if you know what I mean. The others we're calling "Ripples" since they are only seen at Fred Sanford's junk yard or covered up by a paper bag if in public. Then the most unfortunate of them all, the "After Darks" because that's the only time to have a social with them, after dark so nobody sees you.