GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,611
Threads: 115,518
Welcome to our newest member, zlogantpz7495
» Online Users: 1,219
0 members and 1,219 guests
No Members online

Old 07-19-2012, 05:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation Fraternity Recruitment Help!

Hey everyone! I'm new the college world this year. As of now I'm attending a Community College in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. this is not what i wanted by any means, but my parents thought i should at least take a year here to get my basics out of the way. for as long as i can remember, i have always wanted to be in a fraternity. the problem is i can't rush till my sophomore year. not to happy about that either. i have looked into a lot of fraternities and i really like Kappa Alpha. i would love to meet some people from this fraternity and really get to know them so that i could possibly get a bid from them come next year. when i transfer i will be attending the University of Alabama. if anyone could help me with getting acquainted with a few members from Kappa Alpha University of Alabama chapter it would be greatly appreciated! i just would really like to have a good shot of getting into this fraternity. if any KA member reads this please feel free to contact me, i would be glad to hear more about this fraternity and get to know some of you. thanks guys!

Last edited by Hposey12; 07-19-2012 at 06:05 AM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-19-2012, 11:06 AM
GreekChat Member

How would we help you get acquainted with them? You need to meet them yourself.

Good luck.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

How do you know you like KA when you haven't even met them yet?
Old 07-19-2012, 11:19 AM

If you are going to be rushing as a sophomore male, it would behoove you to NOT get too fixated on one fraternity. Your choices are going to be more limited than they would be were you rushing as a freshman. You need to either have a more open mind or convince your parents to let you go to UA this fall.

Good luck.
Old 07-21-2012, 03:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Kappa Alpha is a great organization. (My first college boyfriend was one of those K.A. southern gentlemen ) That said, though, the advice you've been given here is spot on. Keep an open mind and give others a chance. Becoming focused on one GLO is never a good idea -- Alabama has other fraternities with much to offer, too, but it it should be about finding the best for you.

A lot of young men from my community attend Alabama. BAMA fraternities do hold summer rush events that a lot of guys participate in prior to fall recruitment. Hopefully some fraternity men will come on and advise you on the best way to learn more about those opportunities, and you'll meet some KA's and other fraternity men the summer before you begin at BAMA.