GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,610
Threads: 115,518
Welcome to our newest member, banntjnry576
» Online Users: 1,142
2 members and 1,140 guests
banntjnry576

Old 05-04-2001, 01:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Question UNC Chapel Hill

Im interested in the different sororities and their reputations at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I'm from Chicago, and I dont know a whole lot about UNC Greek life. Also, do any of them have a reputation for being Jewish or having Jewish affiliation? What are the reputations of Delta Delta Delta and Chi Omegas at UNC? What are the reputations of the Fraternities? Just a few questions!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-04-2001, 01:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey Star.. I'm from Chicago too! However i go to the University of Iowa here's a link to the UNC Chapel Hill Sororities.. take a look at each one and try to get a feel for them! Also, check out the national sites for each chapter! I can't speak of the chapters there (since i don't go there) but i'm sure they're all fabulous women and you'll find your place among them!
http://www.unc.edu/depts/greek/sorority.html
Old 05-04-2001, 10:41 AM

Cool

I can definatly say the Kappa Deltas at UNC are great, they came down and helped us with initition. My roommate went to UNC (in a frat) for undergrad. and he pretty much liked all the groups, you've really got to go through rush and find the one best for you
Old 05-04-2001, 03:37 PM
GreekChat Member

I agree, our KD chapter there rocks! But I think KD, Chi O, and Tri Delt are very strong at UNC. I have no idea about Jewish affiliation, my guess is they don't have a NPC chapter that mainly Jewish or has an affiliation, they may have some local organizations that are! It only matters where you feel comfy, the reputation is secondary!
As for Fraternities, I think DKE is VERY good and I'm sure KA is as well, but I'm not sure who else!
Are you going through recruitment this year?
Old 05-04-2001, 04:14 PM
GreekChat Member

ZTA is really strong at UNC-Chapel Hill also. They always rake in the awards at our annual North Carolina Zeta Day. I've heard good things about the Kappa Delta chapter there too.

kdgirlie, e-mail me! I can't remember your phone number. I have a question for you. Thanks sweetie!
Old 05-04-2001, 10:10 PM

Wink

I agree with ZTAfairy. ZTA at UNC is very good chapter, I have always heard really awesome things about them.
ZTAfairy- an email is on the way, I liked your cheers at the softball game they were so cute
Old 05-05-2001, 02:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for all the info! Do many freshman rush at UNC? I was told by some people that you aren't used to so much partying and doing work so rushing second semester or sophomore year is a better idea. Other people say to rush as a feshman to help make it feel like "home" and to get a close group of friends. What do you think? Any experiences?
Old 05-05-2001, 10:53 AM
GreekChat Member

The following link gives recruitment statistics. http://www.unc.edu/depts/greek/SR_Fall97.html

In addition, the link to Greek Life is very informative. http://www.unc.edu/depts/greek/index.html

The following chapters are ranked by size according to membership only, are at or over chapter average and do not seem to hold informal rush.
ADPi, DDD, PiPhi, XO, KD, AXO, KKG, ZTA, SSS

Stargzr19, I graduated from a school in the south that is about the same size as UNC. I went to High School in Germany and was familiar with USM, but only knew one person when I started. Rush helped introduce me to other people with similar and different interests and these new friends and sisters helped me learn my way around campus. At some schools it does not matter if you rush as a freshman or sophomore and by the stats, it does not seem to hinder you at UNC. That said, freshman usually has an advantage over upperclassman with similar backgrounds (meaning GPA, Extra-circular activities, personality, etc.) during Rush.

Good Luck and remember to keep an open mind!

[This message has been edited by PiPhiAlum (edited May 05, 2001).]
Old 05-05-2001, 11:43 PM
GreekChat Member

I always suggest to go through Recruitment your first semester. It gives you the oppurtunity to be part of the chapter as long as possible. It also will help you learn more about the school and before school starts you will have a place to call home! I think it would be great, I pledged, when it was still called that, in my 2nd semester and always thought how fun it must have been to start school in a chapter with 65 friends before everyting begins!