GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Fundraising
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,611
Threads: 115,518
Welcome to our newest member, zlogantpz7495
» Online Users: 1,133
0 members and 1,133 guests
No Members online

Old 12-28-2001, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

credit cards

I have been receiving solicitations from a major credit card company. My national apparently has a deal with this company. All of our members nationally have an opportunity to get a card with no yearly fee. The card will have our letters on it and our national will receive a few cents for every transaction.

Do any of your chapters have a similar arrangement?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-28-2001, 02:29 PM

I think many of the organization's have credit cards. My boyfriend has a Mastercard with the Kappa Sigma logo on it. I think Kappa Sig gets a certain percentage every time he buys something. I'm almost positive that ZTA has a credit card too.
Old 12-28-2001, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ZTAngel
I think many of the organization's have credit cards. My boyfriend has a Mastercard with the Kappa Sigma logo on it. I think Kappa Sig gets a certain percentage every time he buys something. I'm almost positive that ZTA has a credit card too.

Has anyone ever tried working out a deal directly with the credit card company so that the individual chapter gets the money?
Old 12-28-2001, 06:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I do!

I've had a Kappa Kappa Gamma Visa card for almost three years, with no annual fee and a semi-reasonable interest rate (16 percent, not great, but better than anything I could get at the time). The bank that issued the card was bought out by MBNA. Perhaps you should contact them? In general, I've been pretty happy with my card...their security measures are almost TOO good (when I was driving across the country from PA to CA, MBNA noticed that my card was racking up charges at gas stations and hotels across the country, and called my parents' house to see if it had been stolen).
Old 01-04-2002, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Delta Zeta has this also. I've never signed up for it because I already have a major credit card, but I do have a Delta Zeta calling card. Anyone else have the calling card deal with your organization?
Old 01-04-2002, 01:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Gamma Delta has the credit card through MBNA and a calling card. I get compliments on the credit card all the time--pretty red and buff roses on it--and I've been very happy with MBNA's customer service. I like that the Alpha Gam Foundation recieves a little money from my transactions, because every little bit helps.
Old 01-04-2002, 01:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy

unfortunately, brothers and sisters in Canada can't get them as you need to be a US citizen (believe me, I tried)

BUT

my International has contacted MBNA to develop a card with their MBNA Canada side of biz to get one avaiable up here. Will keep you posted ....
Old 01-05-2002, 03:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by NeonPi
unfortunately, brothers and sisters in Canada can't get them as you need to be a US citizen (believe me, I tried)

BUT

my International has contacted MBNA to develop a card with their MBNA Canada side of biz to get one avaiable up here. Will keep you posted ....

Many nationals have deals with card companies. You members around the country can get a card with letters on it. Whenever a transaction is made with the card your national will get a small commission. It's probably only a few cents but if you have 1000 alumni and the local chapter get a few cents from every transaction, it will add up.

I have no problem getting a card. I am talking about getting a deal with the credit card company so that every time one of the members of your specific chapter makes a transaction the local chapter gets commi$$ion. Does anyone have this kind of a deal?
Old 03-01-2002, 01:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SparkliiQTMTSU Send a message via Yahoo to SparkliiQTMTSU
Ok now I know that ZTA does have a credit card and they have a phone card too but i dont know how to get the credit card....does anyone know where I can get one or of a website telling about it???

Nichole
Old 03-01-2002, 01:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to GPhiBGirl
I believe that us Gamma Phis are offered phone cards...sometimes a credit card comes along but as far as I know and have heard it seems like a scam and has bad interests rates. Pi Lambda Phi had phone cards and they were pretty good.
Old 03-01-2002, 01:44 PM
GreekChat Member

ya i know one girl with a gamma phi credit card... its really cute, but i dont know anything about the rates.. sorry
xoxo
Old 03-01-2002, 01:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to GPhiBGirl
chantilylace-
i would love to chat with you sometime. it seems like you and i are the only gamma phis ever on here. i go to the chatroom but no one is there. i would love to hear more about you and your chapter. maybe share some ideas. phone cards are really cute!
Old 03-01-2002, 02:00 PM
GreekChat Member

i know! i feel like we're the only one's here! sad!! i would love to talk to you too!!
xoxo
Old 03-01-2002, 03:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I got the Sigma Kappa Visa my freshman year (as stated before, not grate rates, but it was what I could get..) It's really pretty, it's maroon and has our Coat of Arms on it.