GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,698
Threads: 115,522
Welcome to our newest member, PriscillaT
» Online Users: 777
0 members and 777 guests
No Members online

Old 08-25-2014, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

TAMU Recruitment

I'm not sure that I will get enough information from my daughter to do a recruitment story, but I want to share some information that we received in the parent convocation yesterday.

There are roughly 1400 PNM's which is a new record for TAMU. TAMU will typically place 75% of the girls that begin the process. Last year only 5 - yes only FIVE girls were dropped from recruitment. The other 250 or so that were not placed withdrew on their own. I believe there was a big sigh in the room when the number five was put out there.

There was a separate meeting after the meeting for Blinn Team girls.

They are expecting a total quota of around 85 and there is an Upper Classman quota.

Today and tomorrow they go to six parties each.
Wednesday - up to 9 - philanthropy day
Thursday - up to 6 - skit day
Friday - Pref up to 3
Saturday - Bid Day

It's going to be an exciting week.

Gig'em
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-25-2014, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

Good luck to your daughter!
Old 08-26-2014, 02:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck to your daughter! I hope she finds her home and has a great recruitment
Old 08-26-2014, 11:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

She went to 7 houses yesterday and will go to 5 today. She had an amazing time at every house. Didn't really have a bad feeling about any particular house although she did of course like some more than others. She would be glad to go back to any of those 7.

Of course it was hot & humid but she says she didn't sweat bad because of a product she found at Ulta called Medi-Tate. It was pricy but worth it. She met some amazing girls during the day and can't wait to attend the other 5 houses today.

They will rank this afternoon. They will choose their top 9 and then rank 3. Parties begin at noon tomorrow.

She only knows someone in 2 houses and they are acquaintances, not really what you would call friends. She has no preconceived ideas about any house other than knowing her aunt was in one house decades ago and her cousin was in another about 15 years ago.

I am anxiously waiting for my phone call which should come around 4 this afternoon.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Love that we are starting to get some rush stories! You have been around for a while, so I am sure that you know not to give any details that might identify your daughter during rush. Just be careful!
Old 08-26-2014, 11:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Yes, I am being very careful. I have read and read and gotten so many tips from you wonderful women. Once this is all over I may write a full story. She is actually keeping a great journal.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Is Medi-Tate a type of deoderant/antipersperant?
Old 08-26-2014, 12:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

It appears that is actually an over the counter medication for excessive sweating. She said it was the best thing ever. Many girls told her she didn't even look like it was hot outside.

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/prod...Impprod1810225

DERMAdoctor MEDeTATE is an injection-free medicated hyperhidrosis control wipes for a blissfully dry existence. Hyperhidrosis is a medical condition described as excessive sweating despite being inactive. Medical hyperhidrosis affects 3% of Americans. The face, underarms, palms, soles, areas under the breast, cleavage and groin areas are most commonly affected. DERMAdoctor Solution: MEDeTATE your way to blissfully dry existence with a technique so simple, it merely requires a single stroke of a towelette. Alleviates the need for cumbersome anti-sweating devices, ineffective topical prescriptions, drowsiness-inducing Rx meds and costly and painful Botox injections or invasive surgery.

Purify the being and eliminate embarrassing excessive sweating and wetness. This harmonious union of dermatologist recommended antiperspirant therapy and innovative "needle-free" technology, replaces a perspiration-filled reality with a supremely dry state of consciousness. DERMAdoctor MEDeTATE contains a patent pending formulation of newest generation antiperspirant therapy with a blend of botanicals that work syngergistically to maximize hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) control.

You don't have to have hyperhidrosis to need MEDeTATE. Sweaty hands due to anxiety from dates, job interviews, and the curves that life throws you are embarrassing. MEDeTATE helps prevent this. Also keeps make-up from melting on a hot day; prevents fashion emergency wet spots under breasts, underarms and inner thighs.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the tip! Good luck to your daughter! A&M has 12 wonderful houses. She will love wherever she lands.

Are you an a d pi? That chapter has really come along in the past few years.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta-adpi View Post
Thanks for the tip! Good luck to your daughter! A&M has 12 wonderful houses. She will love wherever she lands.

Are you an a d pi? That chapter has really come along in the past few years.
Actually I am not Greek, my bio Sister is an ADII . When I made my name I wasn't thinking that it would appear that I was an ADII. That's how non-greeks think. LOL.

I love this site and it has really helped us.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

My daughter went through recruitment two years ago at TAMU and ended up falling in love with a house that she thought she wouldn't like. (G.R.....ugh!) Long story short, she has made great friends and really loves being involved in Greek life! Good luck to your daughter; please keep us posted!
Old 08-26-2014, 08:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I am on pins and needles - lots of great Katy girls going through this year!
Old 08-26-2014, 09:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Today was a little different for her than yesterday. There was not any house that she would not want to return to tomorrow but she did not have the same excitement today as yesterday. It could be the lack of sleep or the heat though.

She did her rankings and is enjoying the evening with friends. She is also relieved there is not 5 AM wake up time tomorrow. Busses don't begin running till 10:30 or so tomorrow, parties begin at noon.

They can return to 9 tomorrow. They don't get their schedule until they arrive on sorority row so I won't know where she is attending parties until the day is complete. It will be a very long day tomorrow. The last party is over at 9 at which time they will go to the computer center to rank.

More details to follow tomorrow.

Gig'em
Old 08-26-2014, 09:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Thrilled you are writing a story of sorts. Hope your daughter is having a great time.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Have classes started at TAMU? If so, how do the girls get from campus to the chapter houses? And if they live off campus, is there a place to park? This is one of the few campuses I am familiar with, and I'm puzzled at the mechanics.