GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Nu
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,612
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, sydnemaarleyz20
» Online Users: 2,206
2 members and 2,204 guests
indygphib

Old 03-04-2002, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down Tell me how much this sucks

My boyfriend, who is an alum, went back home this weekend and went out with some of his pledge brothers. He found out that his chapter is about to lose their charter, and they're losing their house next week. They went back to the house and got a bunch of memerobilia, so that in like, 5 years they can start it up again. They've been having problems paying their dues and stuff b/c they don't have many pledges (about 2 per rush). He's all bummed about it. Not great news, I know, but I thought I's tell ya'll.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-04-2002, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

Geez bummer...

What chapter was it? If he needs any help or info about starting a new chapter feel free to put him in touch with me. I've been working with my chapter for the last 3 years to get one of those charter thingies so I know a thing or two about it.

If there's anything my chapter or myself can do to help, let us know!
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 03-04-2002, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

It was Lambda Epsilon at TCU. The problem is, they're not recognized by the university, so they get no support from them at all. Like my boyfriend said, the only way they used to get pledges was by throwing bigger and better parties than the other fraternities on campus-which takes money, which you don't have much of when you don't have many actives around.

My boyfriend is hoping to help restart the chapter in 4-5 years when he has the time and the money to devote. Plus, he doesn't live in Ft. Worth anymore, he's about 5 hours away, so that makes it kind of hard.

Thank you for offering to help-I may put him in touch with you!
Old 03-05-2002, 01:05 AM
Super Moderator

That's not even that far away from here, Ft Worth is only like 3 hours drive. If they need help, we have great relations swith the North Texas chapter -- between us and them we might be able to help them recolonize or whatever. We'll do whatever we can!
Old 03-05-2002, 02:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SigmaNuSWTx
I am also very close to TCU. I am at Southwest Texas State. I am also thinking about going to work for Nationals for the next year or so. It is possible that I could help. We have a very strong chapter at SWT, and I am sure that we could do something to help them out. We just rechartered in 1998, and it is a pain in the butt to recharter, which is what your husband is talking about doing.

Let me know,
VXH
Old 03-05-2002, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

You guys rock! I'm going to talk to him, and see what he wants to do. Thank you so much for your offers to help! Hopefully, he'll take you up in them!
Old 03-05-2002, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

We're just two guys out in the ether of the internet. I'm sure he would also have great luck if he went to some other local chapters for help. Having been the little guy that needed help, the Oklahoma and Oklahoma State chapters have come through for us in a BIG way.

Our brotherhood and dedication goes far beyond that of our chapter. So any Sigma Nu out there will do whatever is in his power to help the fellas at TCU.

Also he may want to contact our HQ and see what steps need to be taken to get a colony started back up there. If he doesn't have the phone# if he gets in touch with me I can get it to him.
Old 03-05-2002, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, I talked with my boyfriend, and he said that they're going to wait and recharter in a few years when they all have the money to put into the re-start up period. Plus, he said that your NHQ may not be willing to give their charter back right away. Anyhoo-thanks for your help, but I guess this has to wait a few years.