GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Nu
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,612
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, sydnemaarleyz20
» Online Users: 1,438
2 members and 1,436 guests
HONKY660, Xidelt

Old 04-05-2002, 12:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to Delta_theta Send a message via AIM to Delta_theta
Reputation?

Does your chapter have a reputation on campus? If so, what is it?

We've had a couple different reputations depending on who you ask(Greeks or Non-greeks on campus) The Non-greeks see us as the nicest and least "threatening/scary" frat.

LTH,
M.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-05-2002, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Before Greek Week it was "Sigma Who?"

We'd just recieved our charter and had basically been concentrating just on that until March 9th.. Now that we're actually going out and doing things with people again we are thought to be one of the nicest houses on campus.

We're especially close at the moment with the Sigma Kappas (the prettiest bunch of girls you've ever seen in one place at one time)who we were paired with over Greek Week (we took 2nd overall but won Spring Sing).

The administration LOVES us.. Brother Markwood, MT 31 is the Dean of the College of Media, Arts & Design which encompasses the fine arts, music, interior design type classes.. He was our faculty advisor during colony status and was initiated alongside the Alpha class of Mu Tau.

Our Commander hangs out and is good friends with the Director of Greek Life.. We have another brother who is Speaker Pro Tempore of the Student Senate who does lunch weekly with The Greek Life Director's Boss's Boss... Needless to say the administration is pretty fond of us (they even showed up to our formal).

Funny thing about UCO... You either are there, active in everything and know everyone (those people love us for the most part) OR you show up to class, go home and go to work... (those people think we're the "E" "N" club or something) -- But I suppose that's going to be the case at any commuter college.

I'm thinking that this fall is going to be our renaissance... the dawn of the Mu Tau Golden Age.... It's looking good so far!

LHT
Kevin
MT 5
University of Central Oklahoma
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 04-07-2002, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SigmaNuSWTx
We are one of, if not the top fraternity on campus, but we are one that is not as cocky. Most of the top chapters (top four) are very cocky, and fight, but we are not about that. I guess we have gotten into a fight now and then, but we are known as being pretty good guys.

it is so werid to hear what the ranking is from other chapters. Being non-cocky, we never really considered ourselves to be the top chapter. I actually thought we were in the top 4, but not sure how we really ranked until I saw another chapter's newsletter. They listed us second to them, but they are no way possible the top chapter. They just send that to their alums to let them think they are. It is pretty funny.
Old 05-03-2002, 04:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Freshjive31
What SWT said is all true.