GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Fundraising
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,610
Threads: 115,518
Welcome to our newest member, banntjnry576

Old 05-04-2002, 08:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Question What's a Hot Tub-A-Thon???

So what's a Hot Tub-A-Thon? No chapters have done this at my school, and I was just curious as to what it is exactly...and how successful it is. I'd love to hear from any chapters that have had this event and how it worked out. Thanks!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-05-2002, 11:54 PM

LXA and Tri-Delta did one together the year before I came to college. The only reason why I know this is because I remember seeing the shirts all the time my freshman year. I don't think it has been done since then. I'm not sure exactly what it is but I remember the LXAs talking about how much fun it was. Unfortunately, any of the DDD's or LXA's who participated in it have now graduated so I wouldn't be able to ask any of them. If anyone has done it before, I'd love to know what it is.
Old 01-17-2003, 11:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BlondeGurl
I would like to bump thi sthread because i would also like to know what a this is. my sorority is relatively new on campus and need good ideas for fundraising. this at least seem interesting.
Old 01-18-2003, 12:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Ok so I'm totally interested in this, but where do you get hot-tubs from? This is my big question. I'd love to sit in a hot tub with a cute guy for a while
I want more info too! (And to keep this thread bumped up!)
Tau Lovin
Lil E
Old 01-18-2003, 09:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BlondeGurl
OKay as far as I have seen this question has had 205 looks and no one knows what this is? come guys give us a clue.
Old 01-22-2003, 12:28 PM
GreekChat Member

What is Hot Tub-A-Thon?
Please someone tell me..????
Old 01-23-2003, 11:41 PM
GreekChat Member

A hot-tub-a-thon, or what we like to cal Hot Tubbing is a great social event which we use as a philanthropy. No one really knows for sure when and who started it but it's pretty sure it was some Lambda Chi's looking for an excuse to get in a hot tub full of girls. My chapter has been doing this for about ten years. Each of our members is expected to sell $20 of raffle tickets. If he doesn't then he can't sit in the hot tub. The sorority which we pair up with can sell as many as they want. It helps to get prizes for both girls and guys but mostly girls since they will probably buy more.

Most businesses will donate prizes. They can write it off on taxes. It use to be a 24 hour thing but we ran into liability issues so now it's only 8. Ask a hot-tub company in your local area if you can use one of their display models and if you make tshirts you can place their logo on it. Some places are in business to just rent out hot-tubs. Do the same for anyone who gives you a lot of donations.

Hold it on your front lawn if you can and get someone to DJ the event. Make a big deal about it. If you got it flaunt it.

HAVE FUN!
Old 03-04-2003, 06:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Actually!!!

We had a Hot tub donated for 48 hours from a distributer. The hot tub was set in the quad in the middle of campus. we took donations for 48hrs. There was a brother in the hot tub at all times day and night. we raised 2000$ in 2 days not to bad, it went to Special olympics. Thats a HOT TUB A thong.......I mean thon lol....
Old 03-04-2003, 11:03 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm really confused. why would people pay money to see you sit in a hot tub? Does your insurance cover this? It sounds neat but I'm just not getting it I guess...like...$2000 is a ton! how did you get all that!!!!??
Old 03-04-2003, 03:27 PM
GreekChat Member

WE TOOK DONATIONS AS KIDS WENT TO CLASSES. EVERY ONE HAS TO PASS THE QUAD TO GET TO CLASS AS PEOPLE WENT BUY WE ASKED THEM TO SUPPORT SPECIAL OLYMPICS. WHEN PEOPLE WALKED BY THEY WANTED TO KNOW WHY WE HAD A HOT TUB IN THE MIDDLE OF CAMPUS.... GET IT NOW? IF NOT LET ME KNOW AND i WILL EXPLAIN FURTHER. EASY WAY TO MAKE MONEY i DONT KNOW IF YOUR ON A BIG CAMPUS BUT YOU CAN DO THIS MANY DIFFERENT WAYS.
Old 03-09-2003, 01:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

While I do not normally check this thread (!), the gist of it is:

Let the News Media Know you are going to do a Charity Event!

We have done it for 3 years!

Get PR!!!!! For Your Chapter.

U can usually get tub donatated! Well if can!

Get a big Board so that you can write Names of people who donate money or anything else, the more the merrier, or food! Fraternity/Soroity just ask whichever is of your opposite sex to join you! Nuff said on that!

Set a time to be in hot tub! We do for 72 Hrs. but needless to say, switch off bodies!

Do in Colder temps as steam comes off and makes better press! See, get it!?

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 08-02-2003, 10:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to adpishan
ATO at UNLV has a Jacuzzi Jam every year. At least one brother has to have some part of him in the water at all times for 72 hours. The raised money through donations and selling Sno Cones (it's hot in Vegas). I am not sure how much money they raised this year, but I do know that they had the jacuzzi donated. We have an ampitheater near our student union and they held it there.
Old 08-02-2003, 10:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I remembered an additional thread on this, found it - here.. It tells the 'secret' of how to keep the water hot.

adpishan the Jacuzzi Jam sounds a great way of putting it (the name I mean), plus holding it indoors sounds mucho appealing for not so hot days!
Old 08-02-2003, 10:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to adpishan
Just to clairify, it was an outdoor ampitheater and it is best to hold something with water outdoors... when it came to draining 3 day old water that people had been sitting, eating, etc. no one really wants to cephine (sp?) it. Also, he had quite a few splashing incidents. It was one of the best times we had during a philanthropy event all semester. We also brought the guys food.
Old 04-28-2004, 01:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink

When we did a hot-tub-a-thon at our chapter, we set up the hot tub for 24 hours and allowed groups (music groups, dorm floors, other GLOs, etc) to buy 30 minute time slots for their group to get the hot tub. A member of our sorority was there at all times, but really it was an easy fundraiser. We had a local company "donate" the hot tub for the 24 hours by helping them to put up their ads all over the place and putting their logos on our hot-tub-a-thon t-shirts. It was great!! We usually did $35/slot so that we could earn about $1500. Hope this helps!