GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Kappa
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,700
Threads: 115,522
Welcome to our newest member, bradauasd4780
» Online Users: 1,195
1 members and 1,194 guests
No Members online

Old 07-23-2002, 11:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Recruitment is coming!!

ok ladies, it's coming up! (sooner rather than later for some of us) That's right, recuirtment is almost here! I thought that thowing some ideas around might good, so here's the question of the day: What is recuritment like at your school? Frills vs no frills? Chapter houses vs dorms vs nothing? What works, what doesn't? Desperate for those much needed last minute ideas? Post 'em here and let's help some sisters out!! The best place to get SK ideas is from other sisters!

This is my first year participating in recruitment. My freshman year, I COBed right after formal and last year, I hadn't reactivated yet. I have only done informal, but thanks to GC and the many re-hashings and explanations, I think that I'll get a grip on Formal with no problem. I'm looking forward to pref day especially, after all I've heard!
Old 08-01-2002, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to nwsigkap
Talking recruitment at NWMSU

I'm so excited for recruitment!!!! We just had our work weekend last weekend (which was a blast) and I'm so excited to go back to school and also get a great group of girls from recruitment!! At Northwest Missouri State University recruitment is undergoing huge changes this year. First of all we are going from medium frills (not big time frills, we don't have exact same pattern matching pref dresses or anything like that ) to a big time no frills. No skits, no bump lines, no decorations except a brag table and then fresh flowers and 2 4x6 pix on tables in those plain clear plastic frames, and a whole bunch of other stuff. Also, Sigma Alpha, a national ag sorority on our campus is going through panhellenic recruitment for the first time. Don't know how that's going to work out with quota and all since they aren't npc, and they have to maintain a 70% ag major ratio. However, I do think it will help recruitment as a whole, especially the sorority that is struggling and has problems with reaching quota during recruitment since more people will think to cut Sigma Alpha on day 1 because of the whole ag thing (which I'm not dissing aggies by any means, I grew up on a farm myself...but was never into all of it). And oh yeah sororities on campus don't have chapter houses, but we each have a floor on the sorority dorm. We hold the parties in various large rooms around campus. The sororites we have are Sigma Kappa, Sigma Sigma Sigma, Phi Mu, Alpha Sigma Alpha, Delta Zeta and Sigma Alpha. This is going to be my first time on the other side since I'm just going to be a soph, so this will definetly be an interesting experience. I have a feeling I may be on here doing some big time venting if I have any extra time during recruitment!
Old 08-02-2002, 12:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lilsnakeyk
I am so excited about recruitment!!!!

This is going to be my first time on the "third" side of recruitment, as an alumnae advisor for my chapter, Gamma Theta (Long Beach). I am so stoked!!!

It's going to be weird to be dressed up in all of the same clothes as my girls, but not be rushing someone. (Not to mention how weird it is going to be not paying dues every month)

Right now, to get my self all stoked up for formal recruitment, I am putting together a recruitment gift for the house. I am having guest towels monogrammed with Sigma Kappa, violets and hearts for all of the bathrooms and the kitchen. I am also having napkins done that way for the formal dining room.

I can't wait for formal recruitment!!!

Love in Sigma,

Andria
Lil Snakey K
Old 08-05-2002, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Last year was my first time doing the "third" side of rush and I must say IT WAS FANTASTIC! So much fun! It's great to look over the room see the whole rush dynamic from a different point of view. I loved leading the girls in cheers, dancing around, and telling jokes to get them pumped before a party began (not to mention making the rounds with the breath mint and water tray!) I won't be involved with a recruitment this year so you guys will have to post your experiences so I can live vicariously!!!
Old 08-12-2002, 04:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LindyLindy
Im so excited for rush but work week starts for us at Oregon State Sept 15. I can't wait till we get back! Alot of my sisters know of girls that already want to be snakes! So lets make sure after Bid Day, all of us post our numbers! Good luck! ~LINDA
Old 08-12-2002, 07:42 PM
GreekChat Member

our recruitment doesnt start until sept 5 and ends sept 9, but our workshop will be this weekend. i am so so so excited, because its going to be my first time going through the "other side of recruiment". we are the only sorority on my campus that doesnt have a retreat at a house. ill be sure to post our numbers.....I JUST CANT WAIT!!!!
Old 08-13-2002, 02:36 AM
GreekChat Member

In two days I will be back in Pullman for Spirit week and Recruitment prep. I can't believe it's already here and by this time next week it will have already started! I can't wait to get over to the House and get everything ready for all the wonderful women we will be meeting. I think that I may be a little over-filled with excitement (picture me jumping up and down and bouncing off the walls because I'm so excited!)
Old 08-13-2002, 09:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Aquastar
Rush isnt till the 20th (I think ... ) for us but Im soooooooooo excited about it!! Im even heading our first day to meet the PNMs!! :dances around: I CANT WAIT!!

Goodluck ladies!
UMass
Amherst

"Its tradition ... and you don't monkey with tradition!"
Old 08-13-2002, 10:31 PM
GreekChat Member

we started spirit week on sunday. It's been hectic... but fun. Recruitment starts Monday! woooo!
Old 08-16-2002, 06:34 PM
GreekChat Member

ok i cant wait!!! im going to sleep over a sisters house and we will be heading off to the mountains tomorrow morning!!! the only thing is....she has to take her math final and we have to be there before 11:30. her final starts at 9:30 so maybe we wont get fined! those stupid fines. oh well. i get to see everyone again.
Old 08-16-2002, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

So I finally got my computer hooked back up in our study. Things have been hectic but fun. It's the 3rd day of work week/spirit week and I am so exhausted, but I am really energized! Our new Recruitment Suporvisor is here and our Travelling Recruitment advisor as well and they have just pumped us up! They have given us so many great new ideas and I have no doubt that next year houses will be copying what we do this year. Stay pumped girls, and keep having fun!
Old 08-23-2002, 12:45 AM
GreekChat Member

You guys, this week has been the most energetic, fun, exciting week I have ever had. Recruitment has been wonderful, and above all enjoyable. Tomorrow is bid day and I just can't wait to find out how many wonderful women we are about to have as sisters. How has everyone else's week gone?