GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,611
Threads: 115,518
Welcome to our newest member, zlogantpz7495
» Online Users: 1,310
1 members and 1,309 guests
jamesdarkoz4353

Old 01-02-2001, 07:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Post Bid Day T-shirt Ideas

I desperately need ANY cute ideas for bid day t-shirts...every single sorority girl that sees this PLEASE respond and tell me what your bid day shirts looked like even if you didn't like them, just so I can get as many ideas as possible. I REALLY need your help...thank you!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-02-2001, 11:34 PM

The only one I can remember is one from one of our other chapters that said "rushed the rest, picked by the best."
Old 01-02-2001, 11:57 PM

At my school we don't usually have rush shirts with slogans on them. It's pretty much just a battle for the cutest design. The last year I was an active we had black baby Ts with a glittery silver oval and our name written in the same color in a cute font. The year before we had long sleeve black Ts w/ our name written down the left arm. (Trying to plan for weather never works out ) Those weren't so popular but I think they could have if the shirt chair had done more than give the company our money! One shirt that seemed to be popular on our campus was when one of the chapters did a knock off of the abercrombie shirts. Knock offs of the BeBe shirts were a hit too! Hope this helps some.
Old 01-10-2001, 01:17 PM
GreekChat Member

The shirts we had the semester I received my bid were kinda cool. They had what looked like Grateful Dead teddy bears going around a globe and it said something like "The Future is Here, We are it, We are Zeta". I can't remember the exact wording though. They were cute and Sigma Chi used the same kind of thing for Derby Days only all the bears had different sorority letters on their sweaters.
Old 01-11-2001, 12:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Our last years bid day shirt was really simple. It had a little turtle with boxing gloves on and it said "If you mess with one of us you mess with the whole family"

------------------
Jodie
Delta Zeta
Old 01-11-2001, 01:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

We just got our new bid day shirt, and they are adorable...I think this might be a pretty common slogan, but I'll post it anyway. The shirts are dark gray with a big star on the back, and they say "Star light, star bright, I got the wish I wished last night." Theyre adorable!
Old 01-11-2001, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

My all time fav bid day tee was black long sleeves, and on the front left side it had our letters and on the back it had a big picture in the middle of little girls all making funny faces at the camera - above the picture it said:

Do you ever wonder if you picked the right sorority?

And under the picture it said:

WE DON'T!
Alpha Chi Omega
Fall Recruitment 1999

It was so awesome! Ours last year said "No subsititutions - just poor imitations" - loved it too.

Others I've seen:
Be All You Can Be; It's not about what you've just become -- its about what you've always been; What's the point of some catchy logo if you don't have the letters to back it up?; You want to go where everybody knows your name (with the Cheers logo) -- Lord I'm old!

------------------
"Alpha Chi Omega - If you only had 2 wishes, what would your second one be?"
Old 01-12-2001, 12:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Our bid day shirts this year were a pretty light green and had our letters across the back in a really pretty hawaiian floral. Under that they said "the best just got better!" They don't sound that cute here, but they were really adorable.
Old 01-18-2001, 11:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xok85xo
the one we had last year was really cute..

"Sometimes to be yourself is to get to that place where you don't have to be anything else"

and another really cute one that i saw was:
on the top it said 'first and finest' then a picture of the charlie's angels silouette and underneath the picture it said 'conceited slogans don't mean anything unless you've got the girls to back them up'
Old 01-18-2001, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

My school doesn't do Bid Day shirts, but I've seen some cool ones.

"I know who I want to take me home"--a knock-off of that "Closing Time" song. I think it had a picture of the house?

"ADPi: Be all you can be"--it was on camo baby-doll shirts (may be expensive)

The bebe knock-offs sound DARLING!

Old 02-15-2001, 10:29 PM
GreekChat Member

One of the sororities at my school had their letters on the front and "Don't Hate Us 'Cuz You Ain't Us" on the back.
Old 02-16-2001, 02:56 AM
Unregistered-

Talking

This semester our Bid Day shirts were red and in the back it had three cartoon-like female characters (wearing our letters) and it said "ALPHA GAMMA DELTA--ADDITIONS To The TRADITION".

It was simple--but totally DARLING!!!

------------------
*I'm an Alpha Gam...Yes I am, Yes I am!*
Old 02-16-2001, 09:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
The cutest ones I saw were long sleeved, and on the front it had the woman's name and the sorority letters (small and in the upper right area). Then on the back were two puzzle pieces that had the letters on them and they were coming together, and underneath it said "Individually unique, together complete".

Another one I saw had a little girl throwing a penny in a wishing well, and it said "Wishes really do come true". That one was really cute!
Old 02-16-2001, 05:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by OohTeenyWahine:
This semester our Bid Day shirts were red and in the back it had three cartoon-like female characters (wearing our letters) and it said "ALPHA GAMMA DELTA--ADDITIONS To The TRADITION".

It was simple--but totally DARLING!!!
Hi Teeny! That is pretty cute! I might have to ummm borrow that one

soror6
Old 02-20-2001, 10:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool

The idea that we were going to use was:

The members of the sorority were going to where shirts that say "Go Alpha Theta Chi"

And the new girls were going to where shirts that said "Went Alpha Theta Chi"

Another shirt that we used was:

Great women go greek, the best joined Alpha Theta Chi