GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,612
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, sydnemaarleyz20
» Online Users: 2,347
3 members and 2,344 guests
Cookiez17, PGD-GRAD, Sister Havana

Old 08-21-2002, 10:51 AM

Question This year's Quota?

If formal recruitment is already done at your school, what was quota this year?
I'm just curious as to what my school is at compared to other schools. Quota at UCF this year was 71. I think that all but three sororities (out of 9) made quota.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-21-2002, 10:55 AM
GreekChat Member

UGA's quota this year was 59.

Georgia College & State University's quota was 43.

Have to thrown in the fact that Delta Zeta chapters at both schools made quota, and the one at GC&SU is now celebrating the largest Rush and the biggest pledge class in campus history! Woo Hoo!!
Old 08-22-2002, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Auburn's quota was 64. I know ZTA took 68 - yeah! I don't know how the other groups did, though, sorry!

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 08-22-2002, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

Quota at Valdosta was 26 and was 41 at Georgia Southern.
Old 08-22-2002, 01:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to aprilxo Send a message via Yahoo to aprilxo
Recruitment starts tomorrow night here! Quota right now is 19 which is actually on the high side for my school... feel kinda' funny saying that after quota at other chapters posted here were more than the number of girls currently in my chapter (and sorority total here is 65) We've got 16 spots open, but since quota is more than that, we can go over total, woo-hoo!

good luck to every one else who's on the brink of recruitment!

greek love,
april
Old 08-22-2002, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

I'd just like to add that AOII at UGA made quota, and Georgia Southern made quota +1!!

Last edited by AOIIBrandi; 08-28-2002 at 12:41 PM.
Old 08-22-2002, 05:03 PM

I've just heard that quota at the University of Louisville was 30. It's been in the mid 20s there recently, but I don't think it ever had been as high as 30.

Christin
Old 08-23-2002, 11:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to memolano Send a message via MSN to memolano
Quota at Louisiana/Lafayette this year was 24. KD, DDD, & Phi Mu all got +1 for 25 total. AOPi and Sigma Sigma Sigma also on campus, but were not as lucky to get quota.

I think I heard at Louisiana/Monroe quota was 9....

Jill
Kappa Delta alumna
Louisiana/Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns
Old 08-23-2002, 11:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Can someone please explain the whole quota-plus thing to me? Why set quota and then let certain groups go over it? I can't stand quota-plus because it favors the larger chapters and hurts the smaller ones. It always annoyed me on bid day and it never really made sense to me.
Old 08-23-2002, 12:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I was under the impression that quota plus was used to favor the smaller chapters. Correct me if I am wrong but this is how I thought qouta plus worked. Chapters could not get numbers above quota until all chapters reached quota. After every one reached quota the "plus girls" went to houses starting with the house who has the smallest house total, (if there is a match). I could totally wrong though. But our campus uses quota plus every year.
Old 08-23-2002, 01:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quota at Oklahoma State was 57
Old 08-23-2002, 02:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to aedea42
our quota on campus right now is 25... but that could change depending on how many more girls sign up for rush...
Old 08-23-2002, 02:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Angelic
I was under the impression that quota plus was used to favor the smaller chapters. Correct me if I am wrong but this is how I thought qouta plus worked. Chapters could not get numbers above quota until all chapters reached quota. After every one reached quota the "plus girls" went to houses starting with the house who has the smallest house total, (if there is a match). I could totally wrong though. But our campus uses quota plus every year.
At my school, it's the opposite. The larger houses (who are the more popular one during recruitment) almost always get quota plus (or quota plus plus plus...I think the most they've gone over was 3), while the smaller chapters barely make 1/2 of quota if they're lucky.
Old 08-23-2002, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Panhellenic Penguin to the rescue...

How Quota is set

There are a couple different methods in the NPC book. Now, these are NPC recommendations but it's not a RULE or LAW that these methods have to be used.

#1: Quota shall equal the number of women accepting at least one invitation to the first or second round of invitational events divided by the number of chapters. For example:

Registered PNM 350
Accepting first invitational event 300
Number of NPC groups 6
300 div 6 - 50 quota
Accepting second invitational 279
270 div 6 = 45

#2 (This method is used when there are at least 3 invitational rounds including preference.)

Quota equals the number of women registering and attending the first membership recruitment function, multiplied by the average percent of women pledged during he last three years divided by the number of chapters.

Registered PNM 350
Number of NPC groups 6
Average % of women pledged last 3 years 72%
(1987 - 70%, 1988 - 74%, 1989 - 72%)
Number attending the membership recruitment function 325
325 x 72% = 234
234 div 6 = 39 quota.

Release Figures

NPC endorses a formula which College Panhellenics may use in recommending the number of invitations a fraternity chapter should issue to insure their own membership recruiting success as well as to provide an opportunity to pledge the greatest number of women.

Each fraternity may invite back Quota times the number of events in each event round, divided by its own average percentage of return for the last three years of formal membershp recruitment.

Formula:
First invitational
Events - 5
NPC Groups - 6
Women accepting - 203
Quota - 34
Percentage returns 95%

Quota x number of events divided by %return = number to invite
34x5 = 170 div by each groups' % return
34x5 = 170 div .95 = 179 to be invited back

Quota Additions

NPC continues to recommend that bids be matched to Quota only. It is recognized, however, that unusual campus conditions may indicate that some women whose bids fail to match in the normal bid matching process may be placed even if this puts a chapter over Quota.

Because most unmatched bids are a direct result of a chapter issuing more inivitations to preference events than it has a reasonable expectation to offer bids, Panhellenics using Quota Additions must encourage collegiate chapters to carefully observe the recommended release numbers.

The following procedures should be followed if women whose bids did not match in the normal course of bid matching must be placed in fraternity chapters that have already reached Quota.

1. No College Panhellenic may adopt this Quota Addtions procedure unless there is compliance with the College Panhellenics Committee's recommendation for release figures. These release figures are based on a three year statistical study as described on pages 85 and 86 of the Manual of Information.

2. The woman will be matched to the fraternity chapter she has listed on her Membership Recruitment Acceptance which is the smallest in chapter size, as long as her name appears on that chapter's preferential bid list, and that by matching her there that group does not exceed Quota by more than 5%.

3. This procedure shall never include a woman who lists an intentional single preference on her preference Membership Recruitment Acceptance or one who as failed to accept or attend any membership recruitment event for which there was room in her membership recruitment schedule.

4. No group may exceed quota by more than 5% of Quota. If 5% is a fractional number, the number shall be rounded up to the next whole number.

5. Quota Additions do not raise or increase the number of Quota and this process is only used during the bid-matching process itself. Quota Additions do not create Quota vacancies under any circumstances. Quota Additions are never involved in Continous Open Bidding.

Example: Quota is 50

Alpha Chapter - 75 members, pledged 50
5% addtion - 3
Total size: 128

Beta Chapter - 80 members, pledged 50
Total size: 130

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 08-23-2002, 03:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Where stately oaks and broad magnolias shade inspiring halls
Quota at the University of Oklahoma was 84! Shameless plug - AOII is colonizing there next week! www.alphaomicronpi.org/colony/ou/index.html

At the University of South Alabama, it was 23. AOII got Quota Plus 1!