GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,700
Threads: 115,522
Welcome to our newest member, bradauasd4780
» Online Users: 731
0 members and 731 guests
No Members online

Old 11-30-2002, 08:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile New Recruitment chair!

Hi all!
I am the recruitment chair for 2003 for my house and am SOOO excited!!! I am thrilled to have been chosen for this position and have lots of ideas. However, if anyone has any advice or pearls of wisdom They would be greatly appreciated! I have one specific question though - I have to hold a couple all-house workshops and want to do some sort of skit/song type thing to make it fun - for example, in my sister's sorority they used the song "I want you to want me" and changed it to "We want them to want us" and did a cute little thing with that, adn it was kind of the theme of all the workshops and workweek. If anyone has any ideas AT ALL please please let me know! I want this recruitment to be lots of fun! Thank you soooo much!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-30-2002, 08:58 PM
GreekChat Member

FIRST OFF --- CONGRATS!!!!!!!! Being MRC is a BIG position! Bigger then what people think! First thing first, Make sure you have fuin, i know that when Formal Rush came i was soo stressed that i wasn't having any fun. Second, Know when to ask for Help!!.. Here are my 2 cents from another MRC to another
GOOD LUCK!!
Old 11-30-2002, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats!!!!

YAY!!! I was membership VP for my chapter this past year (I just handed over the position last week) and I have to say, it was beyond a doubt the best experience I've had in my sorority. I hope you love it as much as I did! I have to admit, though, it was also insanely stressful so my best advice is to take some time for yourself when it gets too crazy, and also to realize that you can't control everything that goes on Believe me, I tried! Here's some of the stuff we did this year that I thought made it fun:

*We had "theme days" for workshops-- people would come dressed up in pajamas or different outfits according to what the theme was. This made sitting in workshop for 6 hours a lot more interesting (and more comfortable, esp. on PJ day)
*There was a "spirit committee" that did little skits and jokes (the "Top 5 Worst PNMs you can get" skit went over pretty well) and played charades and other games with the chapter when things got too tedious.
*At the beginning of Rush School, I had everyone fill out index cards with facts about themselves that other people might not know. I read them off at random times when we needed a break and had sisters guess who said stuff like "I was born in Bolivia" and "I've seen Jimmy Buffet in concert 3 times." It was fun trying to guess, and it helped people know more stuff about their sisters so they could make connections more easily with the PNMs.
*We did joke awards at the beginning of every workshop-- I gave out little certificates for things like "Most likely to be late to dress check" to try to make things more interesting.

As you can probably tell, my big thing was to try to make everything more fun-- if sisters are enjoying themselves, they're less likely to complain or notice how much is being asked of them

Good luck to you!! Your chapter is lucky to have someone so excited about the position. Have fun with it!

*C*
Old 12-03-2002, 12:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello!!

Take it from a former Chi O recruitment chair and current Recruitment Advisor that it takes a lot of hard work to be a good recruitment chair. Please take head to a few rules that I always pass down.

1. No one in the house understands how much work it takes to be recruitment chair, so they will never EVER appreciate you the way that they should.

2. Remember that recruitment is 52 weeks out of the year, not just one or two. Your house must always represent itself to the best of its ability ALL THE TIME!

3. When it comes to recruitment, some of your sisters will be better at it than others. Sometimes you may have to put those girls out there in front of the others. This does not mean that you love any of your sisters any less.

I have one idea that I used this year during reruitment workshops. We did a Chi O Candy Shoppe. We bought tons of candy and made fake chi o money. We gave out the money to girls who answered questions, told stories or just did or said something inspirational. Then we would open the Shoppe and let them buy stuff with their money. It became very competitive and the girls really paid attention and had a good time. Good luck!!
Old 12-11-2002, 12:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you guys so much!! I just finished my training, met with my assistants and going through hours of paperwork from last year! Wow - I'm going to be a BUSY girl! But the more I do the more excited I get! I'm going to spend all of winter break preparing for all the workshops I have to hold next semester for the Newbies , as well as a couple for the whole house. Everyones ideas are awesome and I really appreciate it! I'm definately going to have a PJ party workshop, and for the other one I have a cute idea for a song - but still, if anyone has any other ideas or advice, not only for workshops but everything involved with work week and recruitment as well I will love you forever! Thanks everyone - ya'll are awesome!
Old 12-11-2002, 03:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats!!! Good luck with everything....I'm the new VP Membership in my chapter too so I'm ready to get things moving along for next semester! I might just have to take some of these words of wisdom into consideration too
Old 12-11-2002, 03:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KappaTarzan
i'm also recruitment chair- its a great job

congrats and try to keep your head clear- its a stressful job