GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,700
Threads: 115,522
Welcome to our newest member, bradauasd4780
» Online Users: 1,433
2 members and 1,431 guests
IrishLake

Old 12-04-2002, 07:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Rush songs

Does anyone hate singing during rush? We have times during rush when we are with a PNM that we stop and sing(it's not random, I think youall know what i mean)/ Sometimes when we sing we are all ina group and other times we are directly infront of a Pnm-- I have the worst voice ever when it comes to singing. I'm sure girls didn't return to my house due to my singing
Anyway do any of you guys sing during recruitment parites and hate it?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-04-2002, 08:26 PM

I have a good voice (if I do say so myself ) so I really loved singing during recruitment. I had no problem standing in the middle of a bunch of PNMs and singing.

To be more accurate, I loved singing during pref. Our pref songs are really beautiful and mostly they're part of the ceremony, so you're not interrupting your conversation to sing. During other parties, songs were often sung at "random" times, catching PNMs (and sisters!) off guard... it's awkward to interrupt a PNM mid-sentence, and there's nothing like trying to sing when you're facing a PNM and your mouth is full of chocolate cake
Old 12-04-2002, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
One thing my chapter does to decrease stress for non singers like me () is to have the entire chapter sing every night of rush for the loud, fast, crazy songs that require energy and no real skills. On pref night we have "pref singers" that are talented and they do all the singer since the pref songs are usually quieter and slower, and a person with a not so perfect voice is more likely to sound/feel awkward.
Old 12-17-2002, 01:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to White_Chocolate
i have a problem. . .after screaming and yelling i have no voice
so when we sing, my voice fades in and out and whatever girli'm rushing always end up laughing. . .they think i'm just being a clown. . .
Old 12-17-2002, 01:57 PM
GreekChat Member

We sang when we were linked arm & arm with our PNM during the pref ceremony. I always thought, "She is never going to pledge KD if she hears me sing!" So I faked it on those nice songs
Old 12-19-2002, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

What kind of songs do you guys sing during Rush? We only sing during our Pref ceremony... and then it's only a few songs - one when the girls are coming in, and then later they're sitting in chairs in a big oval, and we're standing behind them. Nothing really in-your-face.

Well, we do peppy songs/cheers before a party if we're all looking grouchy, but that's before the PNM's are in the house.
Old 12-19-2002, 12:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to aedea42
Our rush songs are more like cheers than actual songs... and I hate it because I'm not really into cheerleading... but the fast ones are kinda fun... and since I like to sing I like the ones we do during pref night...
Old 12-19-2002, 01:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OUlioness01
Quote:
Originally posted by breathesgelatin
One thing my chapter does to decrease stress for non singers like me () is to have the entire chapter sing every night of rush for the loud, fast, crazy songs that require energy and no real skills. On pref night we have "pref singers" that are talented and they do all the singer since the pref songs are usually quieter and slower, and a person with a not so perfect voice is more likely to sound/feel awkward.
we do that too. we sing 3 different days and pref is the only night with songs that need to be beautiful. i loved being a pref singer. the songs are beautiful and started crying during the first pref ceremony while i was singing.
Old 12-19-2002, 01:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh, I also remembered we sing during the skit on skit day - this year it was just "That's what friends are for" at the end of the skit with the whole cast singing the chorus and our little musical theatre chickie (my future roomie yaaaaaaaaaay!) singing the solo in her amazing voice...

A lot of girls who pledged this semester said they were really moved by the end of our skit, since a couple of us onstage were crying and it made them cry. It really showed how close we were.

But no random outbursts of song...