GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,632
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, damastopy6073
» Online Users: 2,066
2 members and 2,064 guests
Xidelt

Old 01-14-2003, 04:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Fay13
Arrow rush ideas??

Our campus does formal in the fall and informal in the Spring. We had a bunch of things go wrong during the last formal recruitment period and our numbers where not where we wanted them. We will be starting informal very shortly. We obviously need to try something different during both periods. Does anyone have any ideas on what we can do differently?? I would love to hear anything. Thanks!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-15-2003, 07:03 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Fay,

Before we can give you ideas on what to do differently, we need to know what you are currently doing, how many chapters are on campus, are you local or national, etc.

More info, please!!

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 01-22-2003, 02:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Fay13
Okay, we have around 28 sororities, and 50 something fraturnities. We are a national sorority, but we are the only chapter that is on a big campus, so our name is not as well known, nor does our nationals know how to help us or what we need from them, because our campus is so big. We have a hard time competing against the large sororities during formal recruitment, because we are so much smaller and we are competeing for the same girls as the big houses. We do Continuous Open Bidding all semester long, which gets very tiring, but we have found it to be our best recruiting method. Let me know if anyone has any other ideas!!
Old 01-31-2003, 10:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BlondeGurl
US Too !

I just want to Bump up this thread. Our sorority just came on campus last year. There are 3 other sororities on our campus ... so we are a lot smaller..but we are about to start informal recruitment and we want to do really well and would LOVE some ideas for things to do and how to decorate. We are competing against sororities that have been doing this for 30 some odd years and KNOW what they are doing. If anybody can help at all it would eb amazing!
Old 02-01-2003, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Quote:
Originally posted by Fay13
Okay, we have around 28 sororities, and 50 something fraturnities. We are a national sorority, but we are the only chapter that is on a big campus, so our name is not as well known, nor does our nationals know how to help us or what we need from them, because our campus is so big. We have a hard time competing against the large sororities during formal recruitment, because we are so much smaller and we are competeing for the same girls as the big houses. We do Continuous Open Bidding all semester long, which gets very tiring, but we have found it to be our best recruiting method. Let me know if anyone has any other ideas!!
How often do you hold COB events?
What types of events are these?
What is the average attendance at your COB events?
How many new members do you get each semester - how many through COB and how many through Formal?
What is quota?
What is the average sorority chapter size?
What is campus ceiling?
What is your chapter size?
How many NPC, NPHC, national multi-cultural groups?
When is formal recruitment?
Is there organized informal recruitment?
How do you advertise your recruitment events?

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 02-02-2003, 12:42 PM
GreekChat Member

We are also working on getting our numbers up and some things we are doing are:

1. Recruitment Teams....instead of having one person doing all the work we have 4 teams with captains and our Recruitment person is an overseer, but the teams are responsible for their assigned interest parties

2. GO TO PHC....I can't stress this enough. They are there to help you. USE THEM!

3. Find a soroity who's at ceiling, since they can't give any bids, you aren't compeating with them. Have recruitment workshops with them, they know how to do this... Also, let them know when your interest parties are and have them help you spread the word. Then invite them to your interest parties.....most of them would be more then willing to wear their letters to your interest party and learn some of your songs and facts and talk to PNM's with you.

4. Go to your Alumnea, they can give you support and keep you motivated!!!! Ask them why they loved your chapter!!!

Being from IL also (Western IL Univ.) I know that fall can be beautiful and a great time to recruit but this time of year is misarable...you have to get those PNM's to want to get out of their dorms...and if not....GO TO THEM...I'm not sure if your soroity allows this, but I know ASA's can send a recruitment team to meet girls (at basketball games, the student center, the recreation center etc...) and bid them that way. Also you might check w/PHC and the univeristy and see about having an interest party in a lounge or lobby of dorms...I'm assuming you're at U of I and I'm not famillar with their rules, but this could be possible.

Good Luck...I hope you get some great women!