GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,643
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, zaashleypitoz20
» Online Users: 936
0 members and 936 guests
No Members online

Old 06-24-2003, 01:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to meridionaleDG
Wink Favorite Part of a...

What is your favorite part of a sorority or frat competition to win?

I always like winning the spirit award in competitions. At least if we don't win overall, we know we shouted our butts off and sang enough songs to drive the said greek organization mad. hahahaa

We made up lyrics to "It's your brithday" For DG and Sigma Chi during Derby. It sucks having to lose your voice, but knowing you had the most spirit is always fun!!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-24-2003, 01:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to astroAPhi
We haven't won Greek Week the past few years, but we are very proud of always being able to win skits. We have a lot of fun doing it and it shows just how creative we all are. At the same time, it shows a lot of our originality and how we take a little bit from each unique sister and tie that into one big show. Skits are definitely my favorite part of Greek Week... and I'm considered the big jock in the sorority!

TKE Omicron Nu Chapter Sweetheart 2003
Old 06-24-2003, 01:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I liked winning the "Win, Lose, or Draw" part of Greek Week. It was the only competition where you actually had to have talent to win, so it was a big deal to place 1st.

(Which, btw, we did my senior year )
Old 06-24-2003, 02:14 PM
GreekChat Member

We ALWAYS loose at Greek week, there is this joke going on btwn us and Delta Chi that for carnival even if we were to build this huge merry-go-round we would still get last place. A few sisters and I joke about it all the time. However my fav part is talking lots of smack like we are going to win and just having a great time with my pals. But I do have to say that we are good at the swimming portion of it
Old 06-24-2003, 03:04 PM
GreekChat Member

We got really pumped up about winning the "athletic" parts of Greek Week and Homecoming, since one of our nicknames is Gummy Thighs. This year was awesome for us, because due to low numbers we couldn't even participate in all the events in earlier years, and we took 7/29 in Homecoming and tied for 3rd (out of 11 maybe) in Greek Week.
Old 06-24-2003, 11:00 PM

I always loved Greek Sing. Every year I was in college, without fail, we came in third. But we still always had a great time
Old 06-25-2003, 12:26 AM
GreekChat Member

I love winning the lawn display competition during homecoming, we've won it both years I've been in school. It's amazing what we can build in less than week (noon Sunday-10am Friday). My freshman year we built a full size combine (for the theme "Tour the Big Red Tradition") and last year a full size fire engine (Theme: Big Red Alert), plus the detail work we've always done has made our float the best, I could go on and on about those displays.

It's just a blast to build these displays. There's always a ton of people out on the lawn, building, cutting and securing chicken wire, and pomping, plus good tunes and hot choclate. Freshmen have to guard the display overnight and I remember the good conversations I had my freshman year deep into the night while making sure no one tries to destroy our creation.

Homecoming is by far the best week of the entire school year.
Old 06-25-2003, 12:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhirlwindTNX
Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by KillarneyRose
I always loved Greek Sing. Every year I was in college, without fail, we came in third. But we still always had a great time
Can someone explain what a Greek sing is?
Old 06-25-2003, 02:03 AM
GreekChat Member

depends it might be different at different schools. We have a thing called airbands, its usally some girls in the sorority we are paired with and some of our pledges do it. Basically its a 6 or 7 min dance routine with a bunch of songs mixed.

PHI SIGMA KAPPA-damn proud
Old 06-25-2003, 11:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PSK480
My favorite parts to win are either Greek Quiz Bowl, or heavy man rope pull. We came in second again this year for rope pull, but we atleast beat Pi this time. And we took third in Bowl, we won last year.
Phi Sigma Kappa - Nu Pentaton #480
"From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." -William Shakespeare
Old 06-25-2003, 01:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OUlioness01
airbands for greek week, and football anytime!
Old 06-25-2003, 03:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
I thought it was great when we won the "synchronized swimming" portion of this past spring's AnchorSplash. That's the most unique thing we've ever won, I think!
Old 06-25-2003, 04:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by WhirlwindTNX
Can someone explain what a Greek sing is?
I will explain how it is at my school. The University of Chicago supposedly has the oldest Greek Sing. All the fraternities and sororities prepare songs or sing their national songs together. For us it's a night ceremony and all the alumni come back and sing on stage with you.

I absolutely hated it. But that's because I'm not a girl.

-Rudey