GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,668
Threads: 115,521
Welcome to our newest member, Carpetkwk
» Online Users: 929
0 members and 929 guests
No Members online

Old 08-07-2000, 07:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile Any more words of wisdom.......

I have been through all of the posts and taken into account all of the advice posted by the members of Alpha Kappa Alpha, Inc. that contribute to the chat room. I have a 3.9, over 200 hours of consistent collegiate community service, memberships in honor societies and a variety of clubs and organizations. I have spent contless hours reading and researching Alpha Kappa Alpha, Inc. as well as the other organizations (so that I have more to base my choice on than just preference). I truly feel this organizatin is for me. The only problem is...I tend to intimidate many of the women I come in contact with. It's either because of my good grades, or my etiquette, my exasperating drive to reach my goals, or the extremely careful and conscietious manner in which I present myself. I hope to become a member because it would be a pleasure to be able to surround myself with women who have as much ambition to succeed and desire to achieve greatness as I do. It hurts so much to always hear, "You try too hard", "You care too much" from those who don't have the same mindset. And even though I share all the helpful information that I can with anyone who wants it...they still seem to think I am acting as though they are beneath me. If any of you have any words of wisdom on anything else I could do to work towards my current goal of membership..please let me know. Also, if any of you ever dealt with a situation like this..please let me know how you made it through. I refuse to stifle the being (myself) that I love so much, but I still hope to connect more with my people. Sorry this post is so long.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-07-2000, 08:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

For a woman so confident, you should not have to apologize for anything. Though it is hard to look from the outside in, you may be giving off this vibe and don't even know it. I take my hat of to any person that has done public service and is still a student.

Saying all this I must tell you that when you enter a room or speak to your friends, or even when you meet people for the first time you must know that you don't wear a sign that states what your GPA is, you don't wear a sign that says "Hey I've done soooooo much in my Life I'm the Greatest"! The only thing you walk in the room with is your personality, and if you are giving off a vibe that you are above people, and maybe you are I don't know you but if that is the case then you must re-evaluate yourself. Now I'm not saying this with negativity please don't think that. What I'm saying is that Alpha Kappa Alpha women are very confident but at the same time the majority of them are quite humble at the same time. Now that makes the difference in ones character! When you can appreciate the wonderful things in yourself and it is even more wonderful when you can bring them out in others. So I hope this passage helps you... I wish you the best in your endeavors to become a LADY OF ALPHA KAPPA ALPHA.
Old 08-07-2000, 09:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Soror TX_AKAQT08, that was well said. By the way, welcome to the forum.
Old 08-07-2000, 10:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Thanks for the reply. I welcome any and all constructive critism. I did not take anything you said negatively. I will continue to do my best to give off good vibes.