GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Delta Pi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,612
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, sydnemaarleyz20
» Online Users: 2,534
3 members and 2,531 guests
ChioLu, Cookiez17, PrettyBoy

Old 05-01-2004, 11:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Hometown: Vallejo, Moving to Sacramento in the fall
Send a message via AIM to PiLove Send a message via Yahoo to PiLove
Your School Greek Survey

I stole this from a Chi Omega thread. I thought it was a good idea, I don't know if any of ya'll have done something like this before, but here it goes.

1. Where do you/did you go to school?
2. How many Sororities and Fraternities are there on your campus?
3. Which Fraternities/Sororities do you affiliate with most?
4. What do you think our reputation is like on your campus?!?!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-01-2004, 11:46 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Your School Greek Survey

I'll bite!

I went to Pitt, several years ago.
11 NPC Sororities (ADP, DDD, SDT, QFA, SSS, KD, AEF, CW, DZ, KAQ, KKG), 3 NPHC Sororities, 16 IFC Fraternities (SC, QC, DDD, ZBT, KS, PLF, FDQ, AEP, DSF, DF, PKA, SAE, PKF, DSC, , FIJI)3-4 Black Fraternities.
PKA, DTD, ZBT, PKF, FKQ, for the most part.
To quote a group of fraternity men, "You date an XYZ or ABC, but you marry an ADPi!" We were highly respected in Panhel & IFC circles, often were runners-up in most Greek Events, and were the "girl next door" type. It may sound boring, but it was quite nice, actually!

Last edited by honeychile; 05-06-2004 at 10:42 PM.
Old 05-01-2004, 11:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Hometown: Vallejo, Moving to Sacramento in the fall
Send a message via AIM to PiLove Send a message via Yahoo to PiLove
Here's my response

1. CSU Sacramento - Eta Mu chapter

2. 7 Panhellenic 9 IFC and numerous locals.

Panhellenic - Alpha Delta Pi, Alpha Chi Omega, Gamma Phi Beta, Phi Sigma Sigma, Alpha Phi, Delta Gamma, and Sigma Kappa.

IFC - Pi Kappa Alpha, Theta Chi, Sigma Phi Epsilon, Tau Kappa Epsilon, Sigma Pi, Sigma Chi, Phi Delta Theta, Kappa Sigma, and Lambda Chi Alpha.

Local Sororites and Fraternities - aKDPhi, Chi Delta, Lambda Theta Nu, the Divine Nine, SOPi, Sigma Omega Nu, Beta Nu Gamma, Epsilon Sigma Rho, Nu Alpha Kappa.

3. Used to hang w/ the Lambda Chi's alot, but now it's the Pikes.

4. We are a small chapter so you all know how that goes. We are good girls and have the Highest Panhellenic GPA.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:12 AM
GreekChat Member

1. Where do you/did you go to school? University of Akron

2. How many Sororities and Fraternities are there on your campus? 5 sororities on campus now that are NPC (ADPi, AGD, KKG, DG, and APhi). We used to have about 12 on campus. 12 fraternities that are IFC. Then we have the Divine Nine but only 6 of them are on our campus.

3. Which Fraternities/Sororities do you affiliate with most? I dont really think the sororities hang with other sororities really or one main one. If you do you are just friends with people in other sororities. As for frats, weve had our share of who we hang out with, but it changes so much. When I first came in it was Sigma Nu and FIJI the most, then TKE we started to hang out with some, then slowly Lambda Chi Alpha, now its like we hang out with TKE, Lambda Chi Alpha, and FIJI a lot Id say, but I am alum now so it may have changed.

4. What do you think our reputation is like on your campus?!?! Im not sure. Id hope theyd think good things about us. We win Songfest every year for girls. We have been winning overall gpa for girls for several years now, we win the most coveted award as overall best sorority each year and we win a ton of other awards ever year. This year we won Greek Week overall best sorority so we are awesome lol. We always take total too. Id hope the other people would say good things, but they arent all so nice to us all the time. Most of them are and we try to get along with everyone.

Last edited by ADPiShannan; 05-02-2004 at 02:15 AM.
Old 05-02-2004, 04:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nauadpi Send a message via Yahoo to nauadpi
I went to Northern Arizona University
there are 6 NPC sororities and 2 latina sororities... then ther are 13 fraternities
as a whole, the sororities at NAU get a long... but none get really close and friendly... this is all due to sharring one all greek res hall.. and for fraternities... our chapter was known for hanging around the Sigma Phi Epsilon men and the Delta Upsilon men
On our campus we are the "other" women.. we are the women who would never usually join a sorority... aren't usually considered the atractive ones (we do have some really cute girls though)... I mean my chapter was known for its goth chick (me and one sister before me), it's sisters that were openly bisexual, it's sisters that were tomboys, etc... Which made us known for our diversity.. on a campus that is more than perdominately white, we had a large number of native american women and african american women...
Old 05-02-2004, 10:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Bishop's University -- Lennoxville, Quebec

2 sororities (us, APhi), 2 fraternities (Sigma Chi, Beta Theta Pi)

personally, I spent most of my time with the Betas, but as a chapter, we spent more time with the Sigs

a lot of people don't even know we exist. I didn't know we existed until my second year there. As of this past semester, I think we're developing the stereotypical sorority girl reputation, which really bugs me.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tabbi067

1. I go to Austin Peay State University (Clarksville, TN) Let's go Peay!

2. 3 NPC (us, Chi Omega, and ASA)
5 IFC (Pikes, Sigma Chi, Kappa Sigs, AGRs, and Sig Eps)
6 NPHC (AKA, Delta Sigma Theta, Omega Psi Phi, Phi Beta Sigma, Sigma Gamma Rho, and Zeta Phi Beta)

3. As a chapter, we hang out mostly with Sigma Chi, but I prefer the Sig Eps!

4. We are looked at as the top sorority. We have won everyone's week, have two sweethearts, and are very active on campus.
Old 05-02-2004, 05:10 PM
GreekChat Member

University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

4 NPC (ADPi, KD, Chi O, and Sigma K)
6 IFC (Kappa Sig, Lambda Chi, Phi Delt, Sigma Chi, TKE, Pike)
8 of the D9
We also have OPhiA (service) and Phi Mu Alpha and SAI

Most of us split our time equally between the Kappa Sigs and the Phi Delts, I tend to spend more time with the Kappa Sigs though.

We're the girls that party all the time.
Old 05-03-2004, 01:27 AM
GreekChat Member

1. Saint Louis University

2. 5 NPC- SK, Adpi, DG, GPhiB, KD
14? IFC

3. Depends, my friends and I hang out alot with Pikes, Sigma Chi, Delta Sigs, and PhiKaps

4. Most everyone loves us. We're seen as the more classy, wholesome, girls next door. We win many fraternity, as well as sorority events, and we're probably the most diverse chapter. Our girls are probably the most philanthropically (sp?) involved than anyone else. And we've also been Most Distinguished Chapter for a few years running.
Old 05-03-2004, 02:03 AM
GreekChat Member

1. University of North Texas

2. 6 NPC - ADP, AF, ZTA, KKG, PBF, CW
9 IFC - ATW, SC, SN, KS, FKS, DSF, LCA, SFE, STG
ATO is a colony and STG seems to be pretty defunct though.
7 NPHC - AKA, ZFB, FBS, DSQ, SGR, IFQ, WYF
4 LGA - CUS, LQA, LQF, SLB

we also have Alpha Phi Omega, Sigma Alpha, Sigma Alpha Iota and Phi Mu Alpha, but they don't really associate with the social greek groups.

3. I dont think we really hang out with any of the sororities, but Pi Phi was our sister sorority for this semester's Greek Out the Game.

Fraternities we were hanging out with Sigma Chi since they're next door, but we had a bad mixer with them, so not as much, and we've started spendig more time with Phi Kap. Aparently we did a lot with SAE, but they got kicked off last semester, so I wouldn't know.

My personal faves are SigEp and Delta Sig.

4. I dont know about our reputation. I think it's generally good. I know the thing that i myself noticed most, and a lot of my Rho Gamma group noticed about our chapter during recruitment was that ADPi doesn't really have an "image". A majority of the sororities on this campus seem to have a certain look, or a few certain looks, and there isn't really one for ADPi. We're all very different.

"We are who we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut
Old 05-03-2004, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to skerbow Send a message via MSN to skerbow Send a message via Yahoo to skerbow
I ditto what Lyrica said.

But when i was active, we hung out with Lambda Chi Alpha, Theta Chi, Phi Kappa Sigma and Sigma Nu.

And yes, the ADPis at UNT pride themselves on diversity.

"originals in a world of imitations"
Old 05-05-2004, 01:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Adelphean1851 Send a message via Yahoo to Adelphean1851
University of Nevada Las Vegas - EP

There were 5 NPC (ADPi, AZD, SK, DZ, AGD)
SAI had just colonized that year we also had a few major specific fraternitys.
We had 12 IFC I think (DX, SX, DSF, TKE, ATO, LXA, BQP, FDQ, SAM, and three more I can't remember)
We also had several NPHC orgs, but they were tiny I know we had WFY, DST, AKA, and SGR and a couple more.
We also had a gay fraterntiy (hey it's Vegas)

At the time we hung out with alot of diffrent fraternitys, everyone was dating in a diffrent fraternity. The ones I remember hanging with the most though were DX, DSF, ATO and BQP

4. What do you think our reputation is like on your campus?!?! We were the "chill" girls, the fraternitys like to hang with us cuz we were laid back. We were diverse in the racial sense and the apperance sense. Alot of our girls were cute, but we didn't have an "ADPi" look. We were kind of an up and coming chapter and I think we still are.
Old 05-05-2004, 01:21 AM
GreekChat Member

1. I go to school at Miami University in Ohio.

2. We have 17 NPC sororities and a LOT of fraternities- I'm not sure on the exact number.

3. When it comes to socials, we mix with a lot of different groups. This semester we have had parties with Kappa Alpha, Delta Chi, Kappa Sig, Sig Ep, Chi Omega (our crush party), Kappa Kappa Gamma, Kappa Alpha Psi, and a Latino fraternity interest group.

4. I think that we are seen as a very strong chapter. We (along with KKG and DG) are one of the largest chapters on campus. We do well in recruitment, and we almost always win philanthropy events. We consistently have the biggest group of people at any all-Greek event.
Old 05-05-2004, 03:19 PM
GreekChat Member

1. recent graduate of the University of Tennessee at Martin
2. There are 4 Panhellenic sororities: ADPi, AOPi, ChiO, ZTA; there is 1 local. 7 Fraternities: AGR, ATO, PKA, SigEp, PhiSig, SAE, KA. Sigma Chi is colonizing there as well, I think.
3. The chapter as a whole didn't hang out with one fraternity over another. There was a good mix- I hung out with AGR all through school and was a little sis for them. They are great guys, plus my BF is one. Same goes for other sororities- we didn't hang out with just one.
4. We always win grades, we're very diverse, cute sweet fun girls! Last semester we shocked the other 3 sororities by getting 2 minority sisters I love both girls as much as all my other sisters- it's just a shock on a small southern campus. not a big deal anywhere else, and obviously not a big deal to our chapter. Oh how much the sheltered south has to learn!
Old 05-06-2004, 09:47 PM
GreekChat Member

1. Southwest Texas State University sadly now goes by Texas State University.

2. Six NPC sororities. When I was there, there were 7 but AOPi has since lost the chapter there. They are looking to get someone else on campus. The other sororities are ADPi, AZD, ChiO, DG, DZ, and ZTA. There were tons of fraternities. During my time there, probably as many as 20. They were always coming and going!!

3. Um, since the IFC dynamics were always changing (thanks to a very anti greek university administration) we hung out with different fraternities. Sigma Chi, KA, Pike, TKE, PhiDelt, SAE, Kappa Sig (I"m sure that there are more, it's been awhile since I was there).

4. We were a very strong group. Top on campus. Did excellent with rush, always got our top choices on our bid lists. The pretty girls (had a Miss Texas while I was there), did pretty well with grades, always had tons of fraternities who wanted to do things with us. Won lots of greek events. Not too diverse, but most of the greek system wasn't at the time. I was rare in my chapter because I have brown hair! We were also the girls that knew how to have a good time, I guess that you could say that we were the party girls.