GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Theta > Theta Nu Xi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,635
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, BCNAmbrose
» Online Users: 2,316
2 members and 2,314 guests
Cookiez17, MethrenLusia

Old 10-18-2004, 12:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Theta Nu Xi - Random

Sorors,

I really felt the need to have a place to post random stuff that pops in my head. I encourage you all to do the same so we can be random together!!! It's gonna be sad if I'm the only one posting and I make it to 2000 posts just from being in this thread!!

LOL!!

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-18-2004, 12:05 AM
GreekChat Member

christening the random thread

Ok - first order of business...

My undergrads just called me their "AWESOME" chapter advisor!!!!! I'm so excited for them and everything they're doing. The hard work has begun and we're already making great strides. Yay for their dedication!!

so happy right now!

OH! Also, I didn't procrastinate 'til the day before my paper was due this time!! It's my first paper in grad school and it's due in two days. I already did the research so it's just the writing I have to get out of the way.

Old 10-18-2004, 10:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up my random thought

I'm so happy we had the support of FSU alumnae members during our week, including several founders! It's the first TNX week that I have participated in planning, and although it took a lot out of us, it was so worth it!
Old 10-18-2004, 11:47 AM
GreekChat Member

not really a random thought...

This is not a random thought, but it's what is in my head right now.

Dr. Paul Rice, the professor who has the office next to mine, died yesterday afternoon. I got an email about it this morning. The whole English Department is sad and confused and everyone is stunned. The doctors originally thought he had asthma, then a respiratory infection, but it turns out he had cancer. He died of pnuemonia that was brought on by the tumor interfering with his breathing.

They have the lights only halfway on in the hallway here, and people are putting flowers outside his office and sticking notes on his door. Most of the English faculty (including me) have cancelled classes because everyone is too upset to teach. This is so odd and surreal.

I can't wrap my brain or my heart around it.
Old 10-18-2004, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhirlwindTNX
How about this ya'll: Pitt could lose another Greek advisor. Check out Greek life for the thread.

Sometimes I feel like an orphan being passed from one foster home to another. Once we get a Greek advisor they leave, then we are stuck with the administration, they find someone else, they leave not long after they are hired, etc......
Old 10-19-2004, 09:18 AM
GreekChat Member

oh no! Good luck, Nu Chapter! I hope that this time you get a Greek Advisor who will be supportive and won't back out...this must feel like a set-back but fear not, you may get somebody absolutely wonderful!
Old 10-19-2004, 10:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Private I
oh no! Good luck, Nu Chapter! I hope that this time you get a Greek Advisor who will be supportive and won't back out...this must feel like a set-back but fear not, you may get somebody absolutely wonderful!
Hey, I'll come work for them! LOL!

Old 10-19-2004, 11:53 AM
GreekChat Member

nevermind I just read the thread on Pitt's Greek Advisor...different situation than what I thought it was...keeping my fingers crossed for you guys, that everything will turn out okay.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: not really a random thought...

Quote:
Originally posted by thetanustew
This is not a random thought, but it's what is in my head right now.

Dr. Paul Rice, the professor who has the office next to mine, died yesterday afternoon. I got an email about it this morning. The whole English Department is sad and confused and everyone is stunned. The doctors originally thought he had asthma, then a respiratory infection, but it turns out he had cancer. He died of pnuemonia that was brought on by the tumor interfering with his breathing.

They have the lights only halfway on in the hallway here, and people are putting flowers outside his office and sticking notes on his door. Most of the English faculty (including me) have cancelled classes because everyone is too upset to teach. This is so odd and surreal.

I can't wrap my brain or my heart around it.

I'm sorry to hear about your lost. My thoughts and prayers got out to you and his family.

My random thought:

Unemployment sucks. It feels like I'm living someone else's life. My self-esteem has taking such a beating.My mood has been up and down since Convention. Today it's down because my former employer has filed an appeal to deny paying my unemployment benefits. We both know why it's come to this. Business is business. Just trying to"protect" what's yours. I just got comfortable being able to say I was fired. Now this
Old 10-20-2004, 03:57 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm so sorry, M!!! Please hang in there and hug your chapter sisters as much as possible!!

Hugs to you! ((((((((((((((((((((((M))))))))))))))))))))))

Old 10-24-2004, 11:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to butterfly2001nc
Hugs to you!!!
Old 11-02-2004, 12:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey all!! I'm having a great day. I just got back from Georgia where I had a blast. Now I just have to get back into the swing of things at school.

Also, I just found out today that my wish has come true. I'm an ITL!!!!!!!!!! I won't go into it, my Sorors, but I know you know!! LOL!

Old 11-18-2004, 12:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Good Stuff

My random good news and why I'm smiling today:

1) I got an A on a paper that was giving me fits for a while. YAY!

2) I'm redirecting my studies to be more intercultural, so I will now be pursuing my M.Div with a Missions/Missiology concentration. This is not to say that I'm going to be a missionary...I just want to focus on the intercultural relations of what missions is.

Also, because the Missions/Missiology concentration focuses on cultures outside the States, I'm going to either get an MPS (Master of Professional Studies) in Urban Ministry or an Urban Ministry certificate. (Yes, help me, the MPS is ANOTHER Master's but it would be more of a dual degree than a completely different degree.) I want to be exposed to intercultural relations within the U.S. The MPS has some requirements that I cannot meet right now, but it is possible that I can petition for acceptance into the program. The certificate would allow me to get credit for my work and there is no particular approval for the program outside of being admitted to the institution. I'm not sure which will work out but I'm excited nonetheless.

3) I was contacted by an organization in NYC. Here's the website:
http://www.afghancommunicator.com/

Their mission statement is:

AC is a community-based, grass-root organization dedicated to education, advocacy, and youth leadership. AC's main focus is the Afghan and Muslim communities in New York. We also serve the larger community in New York, as well as the broader Afghan community.

They've asked me to consider being a board member on a volunteer basis! Of course I will!!! I'm in the process of determining the legitimacy of the position as well as getting to know the people who run the organization, but it looks like a great opportunity for me to support what I consider to be a neglected population while also fulfilling some service hours. (Please note: I put "fulfilling some service hours" second because it IS secondary to the reason I'd accept this position.)

It sounds like a terrific opportunity and I am excited to see how it will pan out.

Old 11-21-2004, 10:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Great news:

I won my umemployment hearing. The hearing was really scary,but I stated my case and they sided with me.

I've been subsitute teaching the past couple of weeks and it's been fun.

And most importantly, I think I may be on the verge of getting a full-time job. cross-fingers and toes for me
Old 11-21-2004, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tnxbutterfly
Great news:

I won my umemployment hearing. The hearing was really scary,but I stated my case and they sided with me.

I've been subsitute teaching the past couple of weeks and it's been fun.

And most importantly, I think I may be on the verge of getting a full-time job. cross-fingers and toes for me
OH M!!!! I'll even braid my hair for ya girl!!