GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,700
Threads: 115,522
Welcome to our newest member, bradauasd4780
» Online Users: 770
1 members and 769 guests
MSKKG

Old 11-21-2004, 12:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Tragedy at UC Berkeley

Recently, a brother of my beloved Fraternity was beaten into a coma after our annual Funk Party. He is now conscious, but still is incoherent and fades in and out of recognition. I hope you all keep him in your prayers for a speedy recovery, and if you are a UC Berkeley student and know anything about this, can help us further our cause to catching the monsters who did this to him.

Student Unconscious After Attack

By MARCUS WOHLSEN
Contributing Writer
Thursday, November 18, 2004

A UC Berkeley senior remains unconscious after being severely beaten by two attackers early Saturday morning just blocks from his Northside home.

Thomas Osseck, 23, has not woken up since the Berkeley Fire Department responded to calls from witnesses to the beating shortly after 3:30 a.m. near the intersection of Euclid Avenue and Virginia Street.

Paramedics found Osseck suffering from severe head injuries at the scene. Witnesses reported seeing him punched and kicked “multiple times” by two men who rifled through his pockets before fleeing on foot.

Osseck’s wallet was stolen in the robbery, which made it impossible for authorities to identify him initially, said friend and family spokesperson David Friedberg.

Paramedics transported Osseck to an East Bay hospital, where he remained unidentified for the rest of the weekend.

It was not until the unconscious Osseck mumbled his own name from his hospital bed Monday morning that anyone know who he was, Friedberg said.

Hospital officials contacted Osseck’s parents in Orange County immediately. They have been at his bedside ever since.

“His entire head is extremely swollen,” Friedberg said. “His eyes are swollen shut.”

Because Osseck has spoken and appears to respond slightly to verbal communication, doctors do not think he is in a coma, Friedberg said. But Osseck’s prognosis remains uncertain.

Friedberg said doctors told him Osseck could face a long recovery.

Osseck, an American studies major, had taken time off from school before returning to finish his degree.

He had been hanging out with friends on Southside on Friday night and had walked across campus toward his home, blocks from where the attack occurred.

Witnesses told police they saw two attackers, said Berkeley police Officer Joe Okies.

One is described as a 6-foot-tall black male with a heavy build wearing a white hooded jacket and dark pants.

The other is reported to be a 5-foot-9-inch black male with a medium build wearing a dark hooded jacket and dark pants.

Osseck’s friends and family are offering a $5,000 reward for any information leading to the arrest and conviction of the attackers.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-21-2004, 02:33 AM

That is absolutely terrible. I hope that he recovers fully and that the police catch the savage monsters who did this.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:08 AM
GreekChat Member

how terribly sad...he and his family are in my thoughts and prayers.
may the animals who did this be punished
Old 11-21-2004, 04:39 PM
GreekChat Member

How awful! And how wrong!! I pray that Thomas would make a strong recovery and that the police would be able to catch the men who committed this crime.

.....Kelly

True and Constant
Old 11-21-2004, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to queequek
I wish I was there to beat the hell out of the attackers.
Hope he is recovering soon.

itb