GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,682
Threads: 115,521
Welcome to our newest member, zahaeymaarley89
» Online Users: 754
1 members and 753 guests
oncegreek

Old 12-31-2004, 12:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Arrow A thread about mens' Jeans!

Plenty of threads over time about what are good jeans (brands etc) to buy for women to wear but I wanted to start one about guys jeans! I know girls outnumber guys here of course.

Anyway, what're the current good denim brands/styles for guys to consider buying if they want to look good and not sartorially challenged?

Chip and Pepper? Levi Strauss? Other?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-31-2004, 12:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Hollister jeans make my bf's butt look cute I don't think he'd want to wear "fancy" jeans, nor would he want to pay for them. I think the "fanciest" jeans he has are polo. He has tons of polo stuff.

The dad of the kids I babysat for had at least one pair of Sevens though.. first time I ever saw a guy in Sevens hehe
Old 12-31-2004, 09:45 AM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305 Send a message via Skype™ to sigtau305
Usually, Jeans like Tommy Jeans, Sean John, Phat farm, and Abercrombie & Fitch are good.

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!
Old 12-31-2004, 09:47 AM
GreekChat Member

I wear lots of "off-brand" jeans, I guess....I usually shop for things like that in Georgetown, where I can get good deals on clothes.

It's tough -- things that fit in the waist don't always fit in the thighs for me. I have to buy baggy jeans in order to feel comfortable.
Old 12-31-2004, 06:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for all the ideas! :-)

I think off-brand jeans are good too Senusret I; there's some really decent denimwear out there. I also like the idea of having some upper-echelon branded items for occasions.

I saw Tommy Jeans and Abercrombie & Fitch suggested above by sigtau305, I was worried these were less current and kinda 2003? Is this wrong? I haven't heard of Sean John and Phat farm what're these like?
Chip and Pepper , Paper Denim and Cloth (no longer popular?), Se7en (no longer popular?), Triple Five Soul, Drunknmunky, Zoo York are all other names I hear kicked around but I don't know much about them.
I had a look at Hollister's webpage they had some really nice stuff there, thank you Wine&SilverBlue!

Old threads I saw had someone named Trudey or something that seemed to know about mens jeans. Is he/she still around?

Also, how do the brands work out in terms of cost - which're lower-priced, midrange or expensive?
Old 12-31-2004, 07:07 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305 Send a message via Skype™ to sigtau305
Sean John and phat farm jeans are very good, but they're of the baggy type. I have two of these jeans and I like it. both are always in style.

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!
Old 01-01-2005, 04:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

Do baggy jeans make a less toned figure look, well, less toned?
Old 01-01-2005, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Don't know much about fashion

I'm thinking of getting a pair of these "Chip & Pepper Mens-Tuck-WW II Wash-Blue".
Should I look elsewhere?

Old 01-01-2005, 07:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Don't know much about fashion

Quote:
Originally posted by twostep
I'm thinking of getting a pair of these "Chip & Pepper Mens-Tuck-WW II Wash-Blue".
Should I look elsewhere?

I really like those jeans. The look like they have a nice bootcut (not tapered, thank god!!!!) and I love the fading. If you have a nice ass to fill them out, totally go for them!
Old 01-02-2005, 09:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by twostep
Do baggy jeans make a less toned figure look, well, less toned?
YES. This is true of any piece of clothing for anyone! You'll end up looking like you're in a potato sack, which will visually add more pounds.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to astroAPhi
Mmmm... call me a sucker but I love a man in carpenter jeans.

TKE Omicron Nu Chapter Sweetheart 2003
Old 01-02-2005, 08:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chideltjen
I'm not partial to a certain cut on guys, but I LOVE dark denim on guys.

Now if only I can convince my bf to ditch the stonewash he wears all the time.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:50 AM
GreekChat Member

jillybean thank you, I put in an order for them and can’t wait to wear them! I’ll definitely carry on going with the not-tight but not baggy with crotch down to my knees style (reminds me of old Bill Crosby ad-libbing) either, RedRoseSAI. Or just until I lose 10, 15kg (am 34"). Someday.

I wanna ask one more thing, I put in an order for the C&P ones above. On the same website they had these jeans brand - ‘Scifen’ . I’ve never heard of them & guess it’s kinda generic. They’re a third of the cost of the other jeans though so I was wondering about getting them too; just wanted a second opinion for my sartorially-challenged self?

-twostep
Old 01-03-2005, 02:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RUgreek
what is this, queer eye for the greek guy thread? I don't think most men really pay attention the brand of jeans they buy. I'll wear anything that fits, but lately it's been all abercrombie and banana stuff. Well, in any case, I had no clue there was a large variety of jeans out there, so continue on with your discussion....
Old 01-03-2005, 03:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RUgreek: what is this, queer eye for the greek guy thread? I don't think most men really pay attention the brand of jeans they buy. I'll wear anything that fits, but lately it's been all abercrombie and banana stuff. Well, in any case, I had no clue there was a large variety of jeans out there, so continue on with your discussion....
Uhm ok. Look don't get me wrong I'd love to be all "if it's clean & it fits then I'll wear it" 24/7. But you gotta maintan that compeititive advantage y'know? Sometimes you gotta accept you need to reach out and ask for a 2nd opinion. Otherwise you find yourself in something that's clean, fits and would've been great a few years ago; even though you just pa$d for it and vould've done better if you'd only asked. You've pretty much said your fave brands like others though so thanks. I'll give some thought to Banana R. too.

Peace.