GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,612
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, sydnemaarleyz20
» Online Users: 1,439
0 members and 1,439 guests
No Members online

Old 01-27-2006, 04:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Snakes on a Plane

When is this coming out? I want to go see it. Who wants to watch it with me?

http://imdb.com/title/tt0417148/

It's got Samuel Jackson for christ sakes. Oh. You don't recognize that name? I'm missing an L. SAMUEL L. JACKSON!

eta: Jason Priestly just called Conan O Brien "Brokeback" after Conan tried on a pair of high heels.

Niiiiice
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-27-2006, 04:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Old 01-27-2006, 04:44 AM
GreekChat Member

yes I know I am replying to my own thread. But whatever dude.

There is this thread on IMDB where they talk about lines that they want to see in the movie. I am laughing my ass off right now.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0417148/board/nest/34245412

There were two highlight post. This one :

by - splitfire001 6 days ago (Fri Jan 20 2006 11:24:30 )
Ignore this User | Report Abuse Reply
"THERE'S A MUTHA F UCKING SNAKE ON THE PLANE!!"

I'll also accept any of the following:
"THERE'S A SNAKE ON THE MUTHA F UCKING PLANE!!"
"HOLY SH*T! THE PLANE'S CRAWLING WITH MUTHA F UCKING SNAKES!!"

Actually I'll accept any exclamation made by SLJ which includes the words "snake," "plane," and "mutha f ucking".

This one is good too

by - bigolfatty 1 day ago (Wed Jan 25 2006 06:06:24 )
Ignore this User | Report Abuse Reply
Required lines include:

SLJ: (arguing with flight attendant) I'm telling you, there's mothaf?ckin' SNAKES on the PLANE!
FA: Sir, you're disturbing our other passengers. I'm going to have to ask you to keep your voice down.
SLJ: Keep my voice down? THIS IS HOW I TALK!

SLJ: (snake bites him) Bite me again, mothaf?cka! I dare ya, I double dare ya, bite me one more goddammed time!

SLJ: (snake bites him) "Well, it's better than a mothaf?ckin' SHARK! Did you see Deep Blue Sea? It ate me! A goddammed shark ATE ME!" (That scene in DBS was awesome.)

Passenger: (after SLJ stomps a snake's head) Wow! You're the man!
SLJ: Yes! I am THE MAN!

SLJ: (walking slowly down aisle through a bunch of snakes) The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the airline and the tyranny of poisonous snakes.

SLJ: (answering radio while snakes are closing in) Look, if you have to bite me, then you go ahead and you bite me! But I have to answer this radio!
Old 01-27-2006, 09:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Plot Outline: On board a flight over the Pacific Ocean, an assassin, bent on killing a passenger who's a witness in protective custody, let loose a crate full of deadly snakes.

So is Samuel L. Jackson the assassin, or the passenger, or the U.S. Marshall or Secret Service or something who is in charge of the passenger's safety?

Either way, sounds like two thumbs up!

I'll go see it with you Bobby.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:08 AM
GreekChat Member

This movie will kick ass.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Old 01-27-2006, 09:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Old 01-27-2006, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

ahahaha I knew Lil Hannah would appreciate this
Old 01-28-2006, 12:46 AM
GreekChat Member

WTF????
Old 01-30-2006, 10:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Dude, Kenan from Kenan and Kel is going to be in this movie? I'm there!
Old 01-30-2006, 10:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
Quote:
Originally posted by Lil' Hannah

Strangely enough, I thought of this Photoshop Friday as soon as I read the thread, but didn't remember this one - I was thinking "Oh GOD someone should have done this on SA." Someone did. I'm brain damaged.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:23 PM
GreekChat Member

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movi...eut/index.html

Quote:
In any event, "Snakes"-ophiles already were hard at work. Chris Rohan of Bethesda, Maryland, created an elaborate, R-rated audio trailer that lovingly mocks the title and movie. "It's a genius title," Rohan said. "It's so stupid it's great. It invites satire, but it's something you just love. It's something I can't explain. You either get it or you don't."

The audio bit uses a Jackson sound-alike shouting, "I want these mother------- snakes off the mother------- plane!" Soon, the growing legion of fans added their voices as they demanded that that phrase also appear in the movie.

Apparently, the studio got the hint. When Ellis assembled Jackson and others for the recent shoot, the filmmakers added more gore, more death, more nudity, more snakes and more death scenes. And they shot a scene where Jackson does utter the line that fans have demanded.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Another article.

'Snakes on a Plane' a Web Phenomenon
Thursday April 20 4:58 PM ET

Snakes. On a plane. With Samuel L. Jackson. No, it's not a crime-solving resolution to the game Clue. It's a pop-culture phenomenon inspired by "Snakes on a Plane."

It arrives in theaters Aug. 18, but is already a cult blockbuster for fans who snicker at its B-movie premise.

The buzz or hiss began with the movie's title, a plot-spoiling punchline that rapidly evolved into an Internet phenomenon: Production stills were posted on the Web, followed by mock movie trailers and posters, R-rated audio clips, silly songs, poems, even a line of T-shirts.

The thriller stars Jackson as an FBI agent protecting a witness on a jet full of lethal serpents unleashed by the mob.

Brian Finkelstein, the 26-year-old creator of the fan Web site Snakesonablog.com, said the daffy title is what galvanized people to spoof the movie even before the New Line Cinema production finished filming.

In another send-up, a video clip presents impersonations of Christopher Walken and Jack Nicholson.

"There are snakes," complains a faux Nicholson, with Joker-like exaggeration. "On the plane. And they're biting. And they're scaring people."

Yet another video follows a 4-year-old as he flies a paper airplane smothered with rubber snakes. Guided by the boy's hand, a plastic figurine kicks them off. In a making-of featurette, the boy says sound effects "making loud noises" were most challenging.

Posted on Finkelstein's site, a fan-made love duet titled "Two Snakes on a Plane" includes the lyrics: "We could spend our lives together like two snakes on a plane/Shed our skins and wrap each other in all that still remains."
Old 04-21-2006, 01:16 PM
GreekChat Member

YES! Snakes on a m-f-in plane! I read that article on CNN ages ago and forgot about it...ahh, funny stuff.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:21 PM
GreekChat Member

My bf leaves me this crazy voicemail message this morning, sounding like a hyper little kid, after he saw the trailer to this movie. I hadn't heard of the movie yet, and was wondering WTF is he talking about.

But it looks like fun. I love Samuel L. Jackson.

I think i saw somewhere the tenative release date of August 16th or soemthing.