GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,610
Threads: 115,518
Welcome to our newest member, banntjnry576
» Online Users: 1,301
3 members and 1,298 guests
KatieKate1244, MethrenLusia, navane

Old 02-24-2006, 10:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Colored contact lens help

Has anyone had colored contacts before, and had problems with your vision with them? Like, your vision is hazy or blurred??

I just got my first pair-I was so excited-and my vision is all blurry and hazy, like I'm looking through smudged glasses. I called my eye doctors office, and they said, people sometimes have that problem looking through the color. Well, no one told me that!!

Does it go away? Did you get used to it? Or should I get ready for a battle with the eye doctor ( who is saying that they are non-refundable, and I'd have to pay more for clear ones)??
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-24-2006, 10:28 AM
GreekChat Member

I ordered a trial pair once and I found that they seemed to be larger than normal contacts. Also, if you don't have them centered on your eye, the colored part makes it seem blurry. Good luck returning them, most eye doctors won't take them back unless they are the wrong prescription.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
I wore soft contacts for years, but they weren't a color. My eye doctor had a good return policy. If I were you, I would return them and demand a refund. If they don't give you a refund, never do business with that eye doctor again.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:06 AM
GreekChat Member

I wear colored contacts, brown to be exact. I've worn different brands and different colors thoughout the years, but never have had this problem.

Whenever my contacts seem blurry I give them a good rub in solution. That usually seems to get what ever build up I have on them.

Other than that, it seems that it might be that you recieved the wrong diameter of lens. The colored bands are proportional to the size of the lens, which should be the size of your iris.

On my contacts, the color lines up exactly, so unless I have my eyes super dilated, I never am looking through the colored band.

Check and see if the contacts are fitted correctly, that they are right side out and not inverted, and that they are the right prescription (wrong perscription also could cause blurring).
Old 02-24-2006, 12:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FirstAndFinest
Re: Colored contact lens help

Quote:
Originally posted by JennRN
Has anyone had colored contacts before, and had problems with your vision with them? Like, your vision is hazy or blurred??
I experienced the same thing! I got grey ones (opaque) and everything looked hazy. Then I tried the green ones (also opaque) and it felt like I was in the ocean with my eyes open!! The translucent ones I tried were better, but nothing is as clear as, well, clear lenses.

No one told me either, but I bought 'em on a whim from 1-800-contacts. I called them about the 'haze' and they said that can happen.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:43 PM

Lightbulb

I had a trial pair of violet contact lenses once. Everytime I blinked the lenses shifted and I would get a flash of color. Problem is that contact lense wearers blink more so I was constantly getting the blurry purple color. It was distracting and gave me a headache. I don't know how anyone can wear colored lenses.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
I've never heard of this happening, and I know people who wear/have worn colored contacts. Maybe they just didn't say anything, though.

Calling the eye doctor and making sure the lenses are the right size/prescription couldn't hurt--in fact, that's probably what I'd do. Other than that, I'm not sure...aside from just sticking to clear contacts from now on. That's a bummer, though, because I've always wanted to try the colored ones, too.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:26 PM

This definitely happened to me when I wore colored contact lenses. They were great: fake-looking ice blue contacts that made me look like Marilyn Manson's demented sister. God bless the '80's! I have noticed that colored lens technology has come a looooooooong way since then.

Anyhoo, yeah, they were terribly blurry at first but I got used to them in a week or so. My vision was never as crisp with them, though, as with my clear lenses.

When you have the lens on the tip of your finger, squirt a drop or two of lens solution on it before you pop it in your eye. That helped a bit for me.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

This happens to me ALL THE TIME. When i first put them on, i'll be fine, but maybe about 10-20 minutes later, it will be real cloudy. I used to think that blinking would fix it, but no.

I was told it was because of the color part, that is what makes it like that...who knows.

I have Color ENHANCER contacts and I don't get that cloudy look with them. I think i'll stick with the enhancers.

BTW, has anyone worn their contacts and then switched back to their glasses and have their head hurt? I'll do that when i take my contacts off, and first its hard for me to focus, and when i do, my head starts to hurt a little.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by epchick

I have Color ENHANCER contacts and I don't get that cloudy look with them. I think i'll stick with the enhancers.
Yea, I use enhancers and I've never had problems, but my friends who use the opaques complain about them all the time.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
BTW, has anyone worn their contacts and then switched back to their glasses and have their head hurt? I'll do that when i take my contacts off, and first its hard for me to focus, and when i do, my head starts to hurt a little.
This used to happen to me all the time. I find that by keeping my glasses up to date with the same prescription as my contacts keeps the headache at bay. (I get them both updated once a year.)
Old 02-25-2006, 03:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
Quote:
Yes. My glasses are the same prescription as my contacts, but somehow it's like looking through a tunnel when I put them on after I've had my contacts in. You don't have peripheral vision anymore like you do with contacts and the lenses are in front of your eyes instead of in them, so I think that's what does it. Same thing if I've been wearing my glasses and I put my contacts in--I get slightly dizzy and my head sort of hurts.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FirstAndFinest
Quote:
I keep my RX current on my glasses & contacts. I find that when I wear my glasses for a few days then put in my contacts, I get kinda dizzy - things are super-focused! That goes away in about an hour or so. I think the glasses slide down the nose thus making them less effective than they should be, so switching to contact is almost like wearing a stronger RX.